Guy wants to rent minibikes this Sunday for TV

I've told him no, mainly because I'm worried they'll tear my bikes up.
He keeps asking me so he's obviously not having any luck finding 4 minibikes anywhere else around here. I thought I might post about it here incase somebody else around here wanted to make some money.

His ad(how I first came into contact with him)

details:
+I got him up to $100 per bike plus a $1500 CASH damage deposit to be paid before unloading(I was supply all the minis).
+He said they can sign a liability waiver but also said the shoot is insured and he can show a certificate.
+He said they only need to actually use them for about 15 minutes.
-He says part of the race will be inside a convenience store.
-He says 2 of the riders are professional motocross riders and the other 2 are professional stunt men.
-He has blipped my sketch radar a couple times, deal breaker for me.

I can't vouch for this guy in any way shape or form.
Just thought I'd post here, who knows maybe someone is close w 4 minis and wants to make some bucks. He's getting desperate and I bet you could get him to $150 each if you tried.
I just don't feel comfortable with this so I'm backing off. I don't wanna whore my minis out.

The other side of the coin is they will more than likely being doing something stupid with them , that will make us as proud minibikers look bad !! if its legit and for a reality show they should have no problem buying new just for the show.
Rob

What kinda minbikes is he asking for? Like vintage specific or just 4 minis? Cuz the way I see it if its just 4 minis, at worst you would be "selling" 4 minis for 1900bucks!! Sketchy or not could be easy money or chance for minbike publicity(there is no good or bad in publicity,lol). Not saying I would do it or not yet, just sayin....:scooter:

MikeBear

I say NO!

I'm not a lawyer, and haven't played one on tv, but I watch Perry Mason all the time. I'll bet he'll try to pop a bad check on you at the last second, hoping you'll go for it. This is just fishy as Hell...

The amount of money seems good, but I wouldn't trust his "liability waiver". These days everybody sues everybody involved for EVERYTHING, and crazy amounts of money are awarded. What happens to you if somebody is killed doing this, while riding YOUR bike? Or worse, maimed for life, but still alive? The waiver probably won't hold up, and you'll be on the sucker list holding the bag.

I think as fer being sued it be no different than if you did sell the things to the guy, Imean he did pay 1900 bucks for 4 minis right?:shrug::laugh: I dont know if Id do it or not, but .....:eek:ut:

What kinda minbikes is he asking for? Like vintage specific or just 4 minis?
I was offering a mixed bag of minis.(2xmb165,db30,thunderbird)
He didn't seem to care.
Got to much time and sweat in my bikes, I'm not interested so go for it. Just let me know how it turns out.

Sounds like a JACKASS stunt, riding mini's through a shopping center, bet you'll have nothing left to show for it.

If it was for a discovery nature trail ride I'd say go for it.

Think you're gut works like mine and you should trust it:thumbsup:

buckeye

Buy a few beaters off craigslist, let them beat the beaters and you pocket the cash. And yours stay home.
Put out 4 or 5 hundred to make 1400.
I'd do that.