Gx200 dies every 25 minutes!

Hey guys! My gx200 has been stalling like crazy! at the worst times too:censure:. It just sputters and dies and wont start up for another 5 minutes. the process just keeps repeating. I have 1.3 rockers, 18lb springs, .50 duration cam, custom adjustable jet, +6 degrees timing, tav2. I run a little bit of octane booster too. Anyone got any ideaas???!!!:confused::shrug:

Hey guys! My gx200 has been stalling like crazy! at the worst times too:censure:. It just sputters and dies and wont start up for another 5 minutes. the process just keeps repeating. I have 1.3 rockers, 18lb springs, .50 duration cam, custom adjustable jet, +6 degrees timing, tav2. I run a little bit of octane booster too. Anyone got any ideaas???!!!:confused::shrug:
check your plug, maybe getting too hot?

Are your valves getting too tight once the engine gets hot? A hot valve is ever so slightly longer when hot and with too little clearance at the rocker arm, you lose compression. The exhaust valve or seat will also eventually burn. Not good. :banghead:

Are your valves adjustable? If so, open up the lash to maybe .003 inches measured on a stone cold motor.

Rick

Two Honda ST90 and Two CT90 Bikes
2006 Honda Foreman 500 (Resto In Progress)

You mite want to look at your valve springs,18# springs with 1.3 rockers won't last long. What's a .50 dur cam? 1/2 dur. Cam ?? Dump the gas and put fresh uncut gas in it,you don't need octane booster without high compression.

buckeye had the most logical answer but i would think that
maybe your coil or something in your electrical system is simply
overheating like your ignition coil.

making a motor produce more power is fairly easy, getting
the extra heat out of the motor is often overlooked.:thumbsup:

Most of the time an 18 pound spring will not work with 1.3 rockers because they bind with just about everything you can try.
At around 270 they will bind......

I suspect that is a problem for you.

check your fuel cap or tank breather. I would think that if it was heat related, it would die a lot sooner. I know our racing engines could come up to temp (or damn close) in the couple minutes we were waiting on the starting grid. Our digitrons were measuring head temp at the spark plug.

MB165

Yep, check that fuel tank vent first.

how does it shut off? like the kill switch is hit, or does it crap out slowly? can you hit the choke as its dying to see if it picks back up?

Id check ignition next...does it still have the low oil shutdown?

The problem is ive been riding it the way it is for a long time. I cant c why im having problems now. I was thinking it was electrical like the coil was shot or something idk but now im getting other ideas:shrug::confused: Ive got the dyno bp2 cam and im running stock exhaust.

Next time it sputters loosen the gas cap real quick. It sounds to me like it's not breathing and pulling a vacuum. When that happens the fuel flow stops.