Harbor Freight

Just wondering if anyone knows of any existing 20% coupons or upcoming sales that might apply to their motorcycle lift.
Any help would be appreciated. I hate to go in and pay full price and then a week later you the same item at a big discount.

Thanks, Fred

Just wondering if anyone knows of any existing 20% coupons or upcoming sales that might apply...
Read the fine print closely for details. It differs from coupon to coupon. If still in doubt, call your HF store and ask. My local store is great about answering questions. Just have the item number and coupon number in hand when you call.

This weekend is 10% off of any single item with no exceptions. Inside track members get 20% off.

HF Presidents' Day 10% Coupon

HF Presidents' Day Flyer

Read the fine print closely for details. It differs from coupon to coupon. If still in doubt, call your HF store and ask. My local store is great about answering questions. Just have the item number and coupon number in hand when you call.

This weekend is 10% off of any single item with no exceptions. Inside track members get 20% off.

HF Presidents' Day Flyer
Thanks Tom, I have an Insider card so I am actually getting 20% off. I just called my store and they are holding one for me to the end of today. I reallly appreciate the heads up!

SAS289

HF Presidents' Day Flyer
Thanks! Just picked up a 224. $184.67 after 10% coupon and tax.

I've had one of the HF lifts for years now. I love that damn thing. It even sat outside for 9 months during our house remodel and aside from being a bit faded, it's fine.

One piece of advice, get a real wheel chock for it. The one that it comes with is garbage, especially if you want to put a full size motorcycle on it.

Attachments

copyman

Shame that Harbor changed the coupon deals. As you all know they went to this membership crap. I actually shopped at store more often with the coupons which you could find everywhere. Wonder if their business dropped off once coupons were discontinued?

NorCal

The Harbor Freight Coupon database was the best place to get coupons, but now HF has their business model set on the Goldilocks philosophy:

Good- Beter- Best

Good- Chicago ($)
Better- Bauer ($$)
Best- Hurcules ($$$)

But now they’ve moved to their “Inside Track” coupon program, where you have to pay an annual subscription fee to get coupons they used to give out for free. :rolleyes:

They are trying to up their game by offerring enhanced tool selections, but the jury is still out on that one. Prices have increased while their overall quality really hasn’t. Its just in better packaging that gives the illusion the tool is higher quality, or the fit and finish is tad nicer, but the overall (lasting) quality is something they still struggle with in the big picture.

I have purchased some of their “higher end” brands like Hurcules and Bauer that have burnt up in a single afternoon of use. But on the other hand I’ve had some cheap-o Chicago Electric stuff I bought for $10 bucks that has lasted a decade.

What I miss the most was the shopping experience, the “thrill of the hunt” where you could find an awesome coupon and get an excellent deal on a needed tool. If it worked out, Great! And if it didn’t, you got a good deal on it so it was kinda fun in that way. (Call me crazy)

Personally I’ve moved on from HF outside of their Predator line and their U.S. General storage cabinets, which are the only things that are somewhat priced competitively but even those are not the deal they used to be as HF has gotten greedy and abandoned their original customer base.

Last edited:

pomfish

What they did was realize they have no competition and figured "Screw it, we'll make up new names, new packaging and jack up the prices"
So they did :)

The secret to the power tools is run the crap out of them the first 30 -45 days and if they slow down/get wobbly/etc. return for exchange or refund. If they don't get slow/wobbly they may last
Unless something changed all items have 90 days policy.

copyman

Oh yea not sure if anyone else mentioned the cheap stuff they would give out with the free coupons. I'm sure a lot of people shopped there just to get their "free" $2.99 flashlight, etc that probably cost them 50 cents

Now I only go there and shop for the Nitrile gloves and maybe a cheap Pittsburg tool that I will use one time. The best purchase I made there was a $12.99 paint sprayer I used one time to water seal around 200 ft of wooden fence. Worked good but for that price didn't even clean it and threw right in trash after done.

NorCal

Worked good but for that price didn't even clean it and threw right in trash after done.
When I painted cars in my garage, I did the same. I used to wait until the purple gun’s went on sale for $9.99, because that that price I could use them once and pitch them.