Harrison build

oldsledz

This Harrison has the early frame and early forks. I should have made this post a while ago as the bike is almost done.

I bought 3 or 4 of these bikes as rollers over the last few years keeping the best parts.

Ready for the powder coater.

I used all new nuts and bolts grade 8 and chrome.

I painted the wheels.

Last edited:

oldsledz

I used a different motor than what I had on it in the first photo. I painted it to match the 1960s copper color.

The frame is back from the powder coater.

Got the new decals on.

Last edited:

oldsledz

Starting to reassemble.

Almost done

The way it looks now. I am getting new handle bars, period correct twist grip and shorten the brake cable. I also need to figure out something different for a muffler. I thing they came with a screw in muffler but I think it will blow on the back fender and turn it black.

Last edited:

oldsledz

That turned out great, nicely done..... I just picked one up like that Monday locally... I believe these were Bobcats?
Looking at the photos of the broachers I can see no difference in my bike and many of ones they show and call wildcats. One broacher says the bob cats have a clutch brake , mine came with a drum brake on the back wheel but i have a clutch brake on it for now.

125ccCrazy

I believe you are correct about the clutch brake..The bike I picked up has the drum sprocket but no internal brake unless it was removed years ago...the frame looks identical to yours...I'll be putting a drum brake on this one...