Heald Super Bronc VT-8 torque converter question

On the original Comet 30 driven unit:
As you face the driven from the left side of the bike, with the holes rotated to the top of the driven, what hole is the spring installed from the factory? (left/#1, middle/#2, or right/#3) What is the best position of the spring for off road, hill climbing, going slowly over rough terrain, etc., where power/torque are needed, not top end speed? Is this easily adjustable if I wish to change it?
Michael

I believe factory is in the middle. Hole. 1. Left is less tension faster advancement low end. Hole 3 is tighter and longer engagement mor top end if I remember correct.

I believe factory is in the middle. Hole. 1. Left is less tension faster advancement low end. Hole 3 is tighter and longer engagement mor top end if I remember correct.
Wouldnt the tighter tension make it more difficult to get the driven to split and hold the belt on the outside diamiter or LOW gear ...

And when the belt drops into the gap the tighter tension would force the belt back out faster getting it back in low gear sooner ... correct?

The longer the belt stays up on driven the low end is there. When belt drops it goes into high range. More tension on driven the longer it will be in low range. More torque longer.

Thank you both for the replies. Has anyone ever tried moving the spring over to one of the other holes? Did you notice a significant change in performance? Does the driven need to be taken apart to move the spring over to the other holes or can it be done while assembled?
Michael