Help from our church

old-timer

Scamming Member
Wanted to share this with you all just to show how good people can be. Our local church group knows that we have been going through some difficult times over the last months and wanted to help us by offering to do some much needed work at our house. They showed up last Sat and are rebuilding our deck and wheelchair ramps.

The deck and ramps were becoming unsafe and I just haven't had the time or money to do the needed repairs. A crew of 6 people showed up and just started tearing it apart and rebuilding it properly. They are also going to help with a few other things needing to be done to help make it easier for Jennie to get her wheelchair around the kitchen area of the house.

This just came as a total surprise to us :shrug: This just goes to show that there are still many kind and good hearted people out there. We never asked for this, they just came together and showed up on our door step.

With all the bad things going on in this crazy world of ours, it's nice to see that good can still outweigh the evil :thumbsup: I posted a few pics of the work in progress .

It's nice to see what a group of people in one accord can do to help others in need.I would encourage any church to look around your community to help others who can't help themselves.Widows,handicapped,elderly can always use some help,even if it's fixing screens or changing lightbulbs.The younger people in a church learn skills and a love for helping the elderly.