"Help Give a Needy Child a Christmas" - Donation Thread

MiniBike Paul

Christmas 2010

If you are reading this, chances are good that you have a job and a minibike! As you know, a lot of Americans do not, and are facing a sad, bleak Christmas this year!

As we did last year, the members and visitors of oldminibikes.com are going to help a few families have a great Christmas, and . . . . . . . . .

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The GOAL is to raise enough money through donations from OldMiniBikes.com members and visitors to buy 2 good minibikes and 2 crash helmets and give them to 2 children whose families are seriously suffering under this oppressive economy! If we can raise more money than is required for the 2, we will do a 3rd, and a 4th minibike and helmet, if time allows, or donate toys to underprivileged children, any and all of which will be reported and accounted for!

One minibike and helmet will be given away in the northeast where Randy (Randy Keller, Supporting Member, Pennsylvania) will find a deserving recipient, and I will find someone here in the west (Southern California)! The recipients will be photographed and included in a post at the conclusion!

As I did last year, I will post all contribution information, donor names (unless requested to post anonymously) amounts, and the total to date! Further, all expenditures for the bikes and helmets will be documented and posted as well.

Any contribution will be appreciated!! $1.00 is great, $5.00 is great, $50.00 is great – or more - give what you can afford – I know we have plenty of people with limited funds but I urge you to be charitable, send a dollar and be part of doing a good thing!! With everyone’s help we will reach our goal and more!

Don’t wait, do it now!

Skeptical?? Ask any member who gave last year about the happiness we made possible for those children . . . . and the happiness, pride and satisfaction each of us got from doing the right thing!

Questions, comments or suggestions? Call me at 805 889 1932 or Randy at 717 979 8980.

Also, if you would like to help us, please call! If we are able to give-away more than 2 it would be good to spread them around geographically! And, if you have a really clean, low mileage DB30 or Murray we can buy, please let us know!

Minibike Paul, aka Paul Wiener and Randy Keller, aka Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what the members provided through their generous donations last year. Along with a short account from our friend, Fred. Fred is a member here, "superflea"
These children had just lost their father in a boating accident.

"We got these bikes delivered to three VERY, VERY, VERY happy ten year olds. They first came by my house and we introduced them to the bikes and they rode up and down the cul de sac along with their mom and everyone else here at the time. The grins were ear to ear. My son then delivered the bikes to their house were they have 20 or so acres. The mom reports they have been riding them around on their newly made mini track and through the meadow. They then were allowed to ride the bikes down the mountain to catch the bus. They parked them in their barn and drove them back up to the house after school. Can you imagine how BIG they felt getting off the bus and firing up their "Rides". It was a long time coming but the wait was certainly worth it. $250 was also given to Mom for the purchase of helmets.
I want to really thanks everyone here who was involved in this process. WE DID GOOD! Check out the smiles on their faces. That is priceless. Thanks, Fred "

i cant look at that photo with out tears welling up i would like to start it out with $ 5.00 per week as long as it runs,when i think of all some of us have,and some
very little i realy take a look around, its better to give than receve my mom always told me, thanks for letting me in on it,paul.

Last edited:
Thats a good idea Dad. I'll match it. So I'll send $10 for you and I every Saturday. I'll do the 1st. instalment now. :thumbsup:

MiniBike Paul

And I will donate $50.00, following the good examples set by father and son, above.

However, i do have 1 question - what are you guys doing awake soooooo late at night??

MiniBike Paul

Donations Received So Far

As of 9:30pm PST we have collected the following -

CHRISTMAS 2010 DONATIONS

NAME DONATION

Minibike Paul (Wiener) 50.00
Randy (Keller) 20.00
Wayne (Keller) 5.00
Superflea - Fred Zakar 50.00
Quiklids - Anthony Chan 20.00

Total to date 145.00

THANK YOU to you guys:thumbsup:!! Now, the rest of you . . . . . . . . . .

I am also planning to give more before Christmas. Everyone give whatever you can afford! If every member gave even a little bit it would be a substantial amount!

Last edited:

MiniBike Paul

Thanks for the pledges, now get the $$$$ to me so i can post a new list!!

It may still be October, but please act now, don't wait!! Buying the bikes and finding appropriate recipients will take time! Please donate today so we can start making plans!!

THANK YOU - Paul

As of now 409 views of this thread but only 5 donations - that seems impossible! Very hard to understand!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the pledges, now get the $$$$ to me so i can post a new list!!

It may still be October, but please act now, don't wait!! Buying the bikes and finding appropriate recipients will take time! Please donate today so we can start making plans!!

THANK YOU - Paul

As of now 409 views of this thread but only 5 donations - that seems impossible! Very hard to understand!!
What do I have to do to get on the list:shrug:, send more money? I'm not on the list but I aint mad at ya! I'll be sending more to be sure!:thumbsup:

MiniBike Paul

Supernova - I was waiting for the rest of the bunch to anti up - where the hell is everybody?? - so i would not have to post one or two at a time!! It isn't the work, it is depressing to think of over 400 views of this thread and no donations !!

That said, the up to the moment list;

NAME DONATION

Minibike Paul (Wiener) -- 50.00
Randy (Keller) 10-16 -- 20.00
Wayne (Keller) -- 5.00
Superflea - Fred Zakar - 50.00
Quiklids - Anthony Chan - 20.00
Supernova - Andrew Babiak - 20.00
Randy (Keller)10-19 -- 5.00

Total to date 170.00

(when I compose this the dollar amounts are lined up, when I save it they go to the left and are uneven - sorry)

Last edited: