help needed on a fox doodle bug build

dbone

i just bought a cool lil fox doodle bug or sprite frame and forks set off ebay for $20.00!!!! questions are: what woulod be a good lil engine to run in it? to lug me around the neighborhood? im 45 5'10" 225lbs,

someone cut off the jackshaft tabs so what combo do i need to make it work?

also whats a good brake set up for this mini? ther is no scrub brake on it thanks guys...

would a 6.5 clone be too much engine for it? will be adult driven :scooter:

Motra

The 6.5 clone would be a great engine. You should be able to run the drive directly to the rear wheel without using a jackshaft, or you could get a TAV2. The link below shows some wheels that give you the option of putting a sprocket/drum brake on them. The underlined part numbers in the description are links to the sprocket and brake options.
AZ1193 - 6" Aluminum Wheel, 3" wide, 5/8" ID Bearing

125ccCrazy

A 6.5 would be perfect for the bike, get rid of the stock muffler and airfilter..

a TAV2 would eliminate the problem of the missing JS tabs, the TAV2 bolts to the engine, no welding on the frame required with this set up..

For the brakes you can go with a sprocket/drum brake or if you can weld you can weld brackets on the frame and use a caliper on the sprocket (sprotor).... I'd suggest Hyd brakes but cable caliper will work also... I would not suggest a scrub brake, when the tire is wet and slippery the brakes suck...

Dang almost word for word as above LOL, guess I was typing too slow LOL

Last edited: