Help to identify this Alsport

Hi Guys sorry it been a while since my last post, been looking for a job after 10 years at my old job. I just got this trike yesterday, I know its an Alsport but not sure on the model, any info would be greatly appricated,

What you have is called a Tri-Sport and it is a TS series and made around 1970. Your missing the bolt on jack shaft and the engine. I would look for a 8 HP Tecumseh or Briggs and a plus if you an get one with a lighting coil. Do you have the body? I can't see you front end but it looks like you have the front end with the shocks.
Here to help. Steve :scooter:

Hi Steve thanks for the info. Yes there are shocks on the front. Will post another pick of the front. Do you have a pic of the jack shaft or could I just use some pillow block bearings to hold the jack shaft. :scooter:

Hi again Steve, no I dont have the body, And I know it will be near to impossible to find one. Do you have any documentation of the trikes you could send me. I would like to restore it as close to original. Thanks again Steve.

After looking at you photos I see a lot of what looks like extra engine mounting holes. The bolt on bracket on the front of the main plate is where the jack shaft went. as I remember it was that plate with a tube welded to it and in each end there was a recess machined to hold a bearing with a 5/8 inch bore for the jack shaft. Not sure id the frame had just round or slotted holes for this plate. If the hols are just round they could of used a concentric rubber block to adjust the drive chain and the slots under the motor for some belt adjustment. I am not sure that the TS ever came with any engine bigger than the Tecumseh 7 HP. The use of the 8 Hp engines were on the later full suspension trikes like my RTS The following pictures are of my first TS-290 trike and the RTS-Mac

Steve :scooter:

Thanks Steve do you happen to know of anyone that might have any manuals or other info on the trikes, or a website I could go to. I am thinking I could just replace the jack shaft plate with some pillow block bearings, Do you think that would work? Thank you for your time. I will post pictures of my other trike, I think it is a JcPenny Scat Tracker. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

I wish I did know where to get the things like parts manuals. every time I ever say a dealers manual on e-bay it went for a lot more money than I was willing to pay and it had manuals for other lines that were not trikes.
The jack shaft in a tube was possibly cheaper to build and easier to keep aligned and square to the engines output shaft for the proper converter function.

Thanks Again Steve, I will keep looking for an original jack shaft then. I dont really have the tools to fab one. I just saw a post, I think from you that said to use pillow block bearings instead. Do you know of anyone selling parts? I looked on ebay and craigslist here in ohio and cant find any. Thanks again. Oh please look at my other trike in my photos biege seat was before pic black seat was restored pic. It is a Scat Traker I think?

One thing about looking around for a part to pop up is just why a lot of projects do not get finished. You have the base of that jack shaft mounted to your trike already. So use it just find a piece of tubing and have the inside bored out to fit a pair of 1 3/8 O.D. precision bearings with a 5/8 bore, and have that tube welded onto your mount plate. pillow blocks cost more than you think and there is just too much slop in their mounting points. the tube locks in the alignment.
As for your other trike I am not familiar with that brand enough to have an opinion. Steve :scooter:

Thanks Steve one more question would you have a close up picture of the original jack shaft, Got a guy that could make me one. but I need a good picture for him. Thanks for all the help.

Well I did a lot of searching on the OldMiniBikes,s threads about alsports and came up with a picture of one that is kind of off to one side but should give you enough information.
Look in the members section for Ditchwitch1 and see all the treads started by him and there is a picture there. Hope that helps a lot. And this makes it so important to take pictures as you go along.

Thanks Again Steve, I will keep looking for an original jack shaft then. I dont really have the tools to fab one. I just saw a post, I think from you that said to use pillow block bearings instead. Do you know of anyone selling parts? I looked on ebay and craigslist here in ohio and cant find any. Thanks again. Oh please look at my other trike in my photos biege seat was before pic black seat was restored pic. It is a Scat Traker I think?
I think it is a DING-BAT Trike

attached are some drive pics of my trisport.i have many more detailed pics on my facebook(mark mateikat).looks like you have original tires made by goodyear?cant wait to see you bring it back from the dead.