Help with identification

Im pretty sure its a Tech..but anyone out in MB land know what kind of motor this is and Im in need of a recoil pull assy. for it

The way the bolt pattern looks on the recoil cover it looks like a older Tecumseh design. I would try a recoil and starter cup off of a Tecumseh it may work.

delray

just like minibikedude said. the only thing that i can't tell is it a big block or small block engine? reason i say that is, i believe the starter cups are different from big block and small block engines....:shrug:

the flywheel looks almost like a h50,cast,straight fins. the hole off to the side of the crank nut,is that the only hole in the center area or is the two more that I can not see.The flywheel sure looks like a big block ,the h50-h70's had a flywheel like this but they had 3 holes around the center.

Man I'm pretty damn sure you just need an H60 starter and cup.. :mellow: If you like, I will go jump the fence at trading daves, dig the one out from under the shrub it's grown into, and confirm or deny.. :mellow:

anybody know what year/model this rupp is on my profile? just joined. done some Google image zoom research lol seems close to a 1966 continental? electra maybe? cause it has holes for headlight. speaking of light. any rupp vets out there that could shed some light on this id be stoked. thanks for any input. just got a killer deal on it and I want to fix it up. I hear they're rare. never got one as a kid. but I got one now. thanks guys.