Help

TahoeN

I'm adding a air filter, 18lbs springs, 8 degreekey and a new jet(90)...The kite came with these sleeves,

I have no clue where these go!

:confused:

I also have no clue where the key goes either..

:confused::confused:

Thanks!:thumbsup:

are they hollow, meaning straight through, If not they could be lash caps, (they sit on the valve)

The timing key goes on the flywheel, and crank.

theres a groove on the crank and matching one on the wheel

Be sure that you "advance" your timing and not retard it when adding the key

Last edited:
i'm not sure about the sleeves.

with the key, you need to pull the flywheel off and it goes on the shaft. you want the low part of the step on the left.

edit: i got distracted. :laugh:

btw, if those are the 1.2 rockers and they're going on a clone you need to run a Honda guide plate.

Last edited:

TahoeN

are they hollow, meaning straight through, If not they could be lash caps, (they sit on the valve)

The timing key goes on the flywheel, and crank.

theres a groove on the crank and matching one on the wheel

Be sure that you "advance" your timing and not retard it when adding the key

They are hollow..

I have the lash caps, That's not them..(see above pic to see the lash caps)

i'm not sure about the sleeves.

with the key, you need to pull the flywheel off and it goes on the shaft. you want the low part of the step on the left.

edit: i got distracted. :laugh:

btw, if those are the 1.2 rockers and they're going on a clone you need to run a Honda guide plate.

The rockers came with the kit, I'm not sure what they are..They don't even list them with the kit I got, But for some reason, They sent me a new set..They look and feel the same as the stock ones.:confused:

P.S. This is going on a HF clone..

Last edited:
They look like the dowels that fit in the cylinder to align the head up. Probably don't need them if you did not pull the head off and lost the originals.

The Spacers are used for the Air Filter Adapter. When you install it, you will see how they work. You got lucky on the Rockers since they normally only come with stage 2 and higher kits (must have got in the bag by accident). However, on a clone you do need a Honda Guide Plate.

NR-Racing.com

TahoeN

The Spacers are used for the Air Filter Adapter. When you install it, you will see how they work. You got lucky on the Rockers since they normally only come with stage 2 and higher kits (must have got in the bag by accident). However, on a clone you do need a Honda Guide Plate.

NR-Racing.com

I put the filter on first, Seemed to go on pretty easy..Should they be put on studs,

:confused:

Other way, thats retarding the flywheel,

I actualy dont even think that its in the correct way, because with how its in now it would have absolutely no change

Try flipping it on its side, so that right side is facing down,

It looks right, but it doesnt seem to be advancing, is the flywheel moving? or is it stuck in one spot, the keys installed right, but not turning the wheel enough

the key is installed correctly. you need to get it so the left edge of the keyway in the flywheel is sitting against the key. basically, rotate the flywheel clockwise and make sure it stays there while you tighten the nut (do 60ft lbs).

double check the air gap for the coil as well. it should be right around 0.020".

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
I think ya got it

:scooter:

Next question...

Installing the 18lbs springs, On the intake side the lash cap sits higher then the exhaust side..

In the instructions, Its says to install the copper shim on the intake side..You can see the shim in this pic(Looks like a washer?),

It doesn't look like copper to me, But what do I know!

Is this the way it should be sitting??