Hernia surgery....

MikeBear

Well, surgery is tomorrow (Thursday 10/25)

Feel free to send me some prayers it'll go well, or at least wish me luck!

Thanks.

Wow, I'll feeling jumpy and anxious today, and have to work a 12 hour shift tonight like that..... :scared:

Mike

MikeBear

Good luck brotha. Hopefully the knife don't slip.:laugh: Oh, this is suppose to be reassuring.:doah:
Yeah, basically a "knife slip" is what brought me to this years later. Due to a quack doc that botched my vasectomy.

Well, at least they finally believe me, and it's all going to get fixed. Hopefully there's nothing permanently damaged...:hack::weld:

Mike
You'll be in my prayers..
I had surgery many years ago when i got out of the Navy..
Walking will be difficult as well as standing straight but will pass in about a week..
You will be thankful that you got this done ..
Don

Last edited:

MikeBear

Thanks guys. Right now the hardest part is I'm on shift working, and all I'm thinking about is eating.

I'm not allowed to eat anything past midnight, until after the surgery, yikes. That's over 12 hours, which is a long time not to eat something. I hope I can stand it..

MikeBear

Well, surgery is over, and I'm back home. Everything appears to have gone well, and I'm doped up a bit on Norco right now and an ice pack keeping things cool. It feels like I've been kicked hard in the nads, but so far, so good...

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, looks like they worked!

Now we will see how the next few days go.

MikeBear

All parts still there?
Nope, I'm missing one large painful spermatocele the surgeon cut out for me, originally caused by the vasectomy quack doctor.

So hopefully for that reason alone, my pain level down there will go down.

There's a real dull 'ache' going on down there right now, so I can't tell much. I have a huge cut through my abdomen with a clear bandage over it that's kind of gross.

I here this works, put your thumb on a counter top then get the misses to hit it with a 5Lb hammer. I swear you'll no longer feel the pain in your groin:laugh:

Rest up big fella

MikeBear

Yeah, funny, funny. "Distraction therapy". Same reason that Acupuncture works. Who can feel pain over there >>>

When you are stabbed full of holes over here <<<

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

On a serious note, it's getting harder and harder for me to get out of my chair (a couch recliner) It seems to be putting more strain on the wound then I expected. I stopped using the recliner part, and am now sitting more upright. That helps some. I'm going to have to experiment over the next day or so..

MikeBear

It freaking HURTS today when I move in certain ways that pull even slightly on the right side where the incision is. Even hopped up on pain meds. I did a walk (told to do so) of around 100 yards out and back, and I'm trying to keep it flexible.

Not sure what else I can do to help, except now after writing this, I remembered I should be icing it. Gonna get that ice pack now.

Feel your PAIN, had to try and fix a leak in our roof after my vasectomy almost killed me.

Tryed to find a virtual Doctor to send you, but all the pics put me off my breakfast so instead I'm sending a virtual nurse

Don't worry it will get better give it a week:thumbsup:

PS man what I would'nt give for just one piece of bacon off that

MB
Your pain will slowly subside the key is to walk as much as you can, bending up straight is going to take time...Be patient its going to be at least a week before you even feel halfway normal.

MikeBear

MB
Your pain will slowly subside the key is to walk as much as you can, bending up straight is going to take time...Be patient its going to be at least a week before you even feel halfway normal.
Ok, thanks. I'm trying to walk as much as I can, but it's not easy when you feel like a knife is ripping you open. How much walking would be too much?

I finally was able to take a dump, and that let off some of the pressure on my belly that was causing pain. It's amazing, I've been taking Milk of Magnesia, and those colace pills, and drinking a LOT of water, but still got bound up a bit. Of course, you don't dare strain much, so I couldn't do anything there.