hey guys.new member here. need the pros to help identify!

hello gentleman.my names tom.i live in detroit where im sure all you know as the motpr city! minibikes included! im 22 years old and an avid fan of minibikes,schwinn stingrays and mopars. i came across this lil indian minibike and im not sure what year it is.i look everywhere with no marking i could see. it has a lil indian sticker on the front. i picked it up off a mopar buddy for pretty cheap. whats she worth in its condition? is she worth restoring to original? or is she parts? all imput appreciated.thanks! tom

Attachments

I saw one of these on Pawn Stars for $5500.
are you joking? lol i paid $60 bucks for this.i was thinking it was 2 gen. correct me if im wrong.from what ive read the company started in 59 with a 100 minibikes made? thats cool though id love to restore it and keep it for my son one day.the honda engine i found scrapping off a power washer. guess it didnt start for the owner. little bit of carb clean and gas and it fired up. i would like to rebuild the engine instead of the jap motor. i actually noticed it was a lil indian after i put the jap engine on it and im like yeah this isnt staying.haha.i am a mechanic im sure its not hard to rebuild it. plus its made in the usa.def wanna keep it original. is the bike missing anything? i mean it looks complete.does anyone repop the indian front headtube decal?

Attachments

Yes, I was joking. We get a lot of pickers in here asking how much their stuff is worth. Things are worth whatever someone will pay for them. For example, I'd have to pay someone to haul that Honda motor to the trash. :)

It's a better bike with that Honda on it, but of no value to those who rode them back in the 60's. Worth lays in your ability to pay three times what it's actually worth to everyone else.

The Indian fans can tell you about the bike. Not particularly valuable, unless it's the same bike you rode as a kid in 1965.

Speaking of which, I had a Stingray in the sixties, and have a sixties MOPAR now. ;) I paid way more for the MOPAR than a Chevy guy paid for his 67 Chevelle.