high speed bent forks fix

I use a large shop press, blocks and arbor plates. I find the best place to apply pressure and do a little bit at a time. Never have been unable to get em straight.:thumbsup:

Heat works great, just take it slow, and make sure you heat above and below the bend, so you dont get dimples.Try doing one side at a time :thumbsup:

C9H13NO3

how do i fix bent forks?? appy heat and bend?? is it safe to bend them back?? what was your method?? mine arnt that bad what should i do??....
I fixed my forks once by using some 2x4s and a shop press. This only works if they are only slightly bent.

If they are really bent you need some heat and a press and patience.
:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

As I recall it was Minidragbike that opined that the best way to fix 'high speed forks' is to turn the handlebars 180 degrees and then hit the same object at the same speed as when they were bent. He related that a kid said that he can't do that because his mom now parks her car in the driveway.

I use a large shop press, blocks and arbor plates. I find the best place to apply pressure and do a little bit at a time. Never have been unable to get em straight.:thumbsup:
AND THE WINNER IS....Supernova. I've done dozens of forks using this method and have had success every time. Even with totally mangled ones. Heat is not necessary. Actually it produces a worse result. A ten ton press will easily do the job. Work slowly and take your time and you'll be able to get them back to within a few ten thousandths of factory specs. Ogy.

yup heat really isnt nesessary most of the time. it will distort the tube if you get it too hot. I just put them in the bench vice and bend one leg at at a time with a long pipe. or if your lazy you can just take the front wheel off and do it the same way but you need two guys to wrestle it

george3

as i recall it was minidragbike that opined that the best way to fix 'high speed forks' is to turn the handlebars 180 degrees and then hit the same object at the same speed as when they were bent. He related that a kid said that he can't do that because his mom now parks her car in the driveway.
ha ha ha ha ha,

125ccCrazy

I've used heat and pulled some back that weren't too bad...didnt have access to a press.... Once they get kinked they are done...