Hm100 pulse line location

Steve73

I've read a few post and searched threads and need to install a pulse line for my fuel pump. Wondering where y'all would drill and tap? Tecumseh uses vacume fuel pump I believe, I also have no experience in this and am learning as I go. Whoo hoo!
20200723_200629.jpg
The tube coming out of the cover below the intake looks like that powers the carb. Thank you for your opinions.

Steve73

That is your crankcase breather hose, inside is a one way reed valve. Tecumseh big blocks with a fuel pump usually have a port on the pto side.
i did not see anything on that side i believe i have to install a port and just dont want to mess up a new engine. that picture helps a lot!
is your fuel pump mounted up high like that to keep oil from fouling up the pump if any sloshed up into that hose?

Also the engine has its governor. If that makes any difference? I dunno.

Last edited:

Steve73

Was reading in the technicians manual that the pulse line comes from the crankcase. Just not sure where the best place to put one is. I have seen some pics of it in different locations. Thank you!

Steve73

My hm80 is just above the oil drain and just below the valve cover....
Ok that helps. I'm gonna be taking the cover off and look inside. the engine as yet to have oil in it.
I saw a picture with one installed around where you described. There is a flat spot where I've seen it installed at.. Above the drain is this the spot you are talking about?
20200725_085804.jpg

Steve73

Mine is located directly in that raised area....
Thank you mission successful. There is a wall directly behind the hole that I didn't touch. Fitting installed perfectly and is still way higher than where the oil level would sit. And still a lot of metal to thread into. Cleaned out all the metal filings completely and on to reinstalling after picking up a new gasket..
Message_1595710001746.jpg
Message_1595707920652.jpg

Last edited: