hole story.....

Here goes.... few months back I came across a Baja warrior for 50$. Was told it just wasn't gettin spark. Bought a coil, still wouldn't start. Determined the compression was the problem. It sat for awhile and I came across a Honda gx200 for little to nothing. Wouldn't start. This motor has good compression so I took the Carb off and cleaned it up. Noticed there was red mud in there. I decided to dig a little deeper and pulled the head. Sadly found more mud! Cleaned it up, honed the Cyl. Cleaned the block out. Put it all back together and she fired up! Wont idle, but will run strong when I stay on the gas. So after reading alot of posts, I've decided I wanna MILDLY build this motor up. I have the know how to get it done, just not sure on what I should or shouldn't do. I have a couple hundred tucked away but don't wanna spend it all if I don't have to. I'm not racing, just riding in the country! Sorry for the long post..... need suggestions. Thanks!!

Here is what I did to a Predator honda clone....

Mild engine mods.....

Changed to a adjustable idle needle gx200 carb (clone carb Huayi) then....

1. 140 emulsion tube
2. changed main jet to larger size (9MM .036")
3. homemade exhaust/header
4. autolite racing AR3910X spark plug
5. oil catch can on breather
6. Air filter (K and N knockoff )
7.drilled out idle jet (black plastic one with brass insert) took it to 18-20 thou
8. took resistor out of spark plug boot on engine (screwdriver up inside where plug goes),,,,yes its in there ...looks like a fuse....stretch spring and re-assemble

And it starts and runs great.....top speed with 12t/72t gearing and 16 inch tires is 30 ish MPH....it has enough power to wheelie at will and dump your @zz
quick....

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/62028-omg-my-bike-running-power-crazy.html

Aside from the header and plug, all your mods were just to the Carb correct?I was considering buying an adapter and going with a mukuni. Not sure what size tho. I need torque more than speed. Pull up hills. I read an article on line sayin to eliminate the reduction gear on the clutch by simply turning it around and getting a bigger chain. I think that's a lil nuts tho.

TomH

I would do it in stages. Header, the 140 tube will give you more low end response, and a lower restriction filter. You have to either drill out the main jet, or buy a bigger jet. That should allow you to pull any hill you can stay on the bike with. Header, tube, jet, and filter. Below your budget too.:thumbsup: Works for me.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the emulsion tube? The easier the mods the better off ill be lol. My linkage still needs to be addressed as well. .next question, where's the best place to buy parts? Quality parts!

TomH

When you took your carb apart, it is the tube that your high speed jet screws into. Tube with holes in it. A 140 tube has more and larger holes drilled in it.

Update..... ordered a new air filter k&n type, new Carb with 140 tube, ill Druid out the jets. And a exhaust pipe. Waiting for all my goodies to get here. Also bought a 4° advanced key.

I would be carefull about drilling out the idle/low speed jet the last two I did ended up running way to rich and fouling the plug.
I had to get stock jets and start over .
My advice would be don the highspeed jet then test run it , if it still needs the lowspeed done then do it in half steps.
Remember your sparkplug and your ears are the easiest diagnostic tools.
Rob

got the carb in yesterday, hoping my air intake and key come in today. anyone know the torque specs on the head, and case cover? i bought a torque wrench today. I want everything to be correct, cause im gonna ride the wheels off this thing! i will attemp to post pics later. no promises. lol

Thanks jamnJM. Air cleaner and timing key came in today. Shaft was an S.O.B to get out! The clone I have came right out with a good tap. I had to beat on this one a little! :shrug: Anyways, for it out. Put new key in. Now all I'm waiting on is the gasket kit to come in. I plan on using the clones flywheel and charging mechanism so I can hook up the headlight. The Honda's block isn't tapped for it. I pretty sure its a 6mm tap. Gonna take a bolt with me tomorrow to work and make sure. Don't understand why they didn't just tap them! I woulda just built the clone but upon inspection, found a crack along the motor mount. That's why I bought the Honda. Sorry for rambling on. My mind is on it LOL.....:scooter: