Holy Frijole

mini99

Well, I sold the frame, so I bent up another. I have it tacked but thats as far as I got.
When I get back on it I'll post some new pics.

I rode that bike the other day. Pretty cool, but I need a better clutch. Now I can pull it down and paint it.:thumbsup: Any ideas on colors?

Well my 2nd attempt at the non frijole went the same as the first. I sold the frame and fork.:eek:ut: I guess I'll just start over again, 3rd times a charm right.:thumbsup:

stay tuned...

i was wondering if anybody had a drawing with dimentions and angles to build a frijole. it wouldnt be hard for someone with a real one to whip somthing up and share it . seems like it would help alot of people out

I would buy one from Joe right now, even though I could build one, but the price is way out of hand. At the end of the day, they're both copies anyway.

Mini, while you are resting not doing anything:wink:
Just thinking out loud here. In you famous style:thumbsup:
How about a a bigger wider model, live axle wide tire, disc brake setup that a 11hp or 13 would bolt right into?????????:thumbsup::smile::eek:ut:

Bigger is better right? sounds fun to me:eek:ut::scooter:

This is the last frijole or scrambler type frame I did. I got this one as far as a roller before I sold it:thumbsup: I actually just rode it the other day (don't tell allen1967:doah:) and I gotta say it's the best handling mini I have ever ridden. I had my brother ride it and he said the same thing.

Mini, while you are resting not doing anything:wink:
Just thinking out loud here. In you famous style:thumbsup:
How about a a bigger wider model, live axle wide tire, disc brake setup that a 11hp or 13 would bolt right into?????????:thumbsup::smile::eek:ut:

Bigger is better right? sounds fun to me:eek:ut::scooter:
Sounds fun to me too:thumbsup: I'll build whatever you want:weld:

Optimized adult size Frijole

I'm 6ft 4. I say supersize it and make the seated height a good 20 inches! Now that you have established a frame that is very comfortable, and have optimized the handle bar dimensions and ergonomics that makes it ride and handle beautifully, then you have the beginnings of a really good bike. But to make it great, and maybe even better than the real Frijole, you must also make it very aesthetically pleasing. The styling is what makes people love the look of the Frijole. In many ways, it is about keeping it simple and using pleasing radiuses and shapes that work well together. Hit those elements of style like the Frijole exhibits and you will have a winner. I personally like my frames a little taller and perhaps there's a way you can make two sizes just by mounting the axle mounts under the frame tubing on the large size and use front forks one or two inches longer....

Your latest roller frame looks really nice, especially with the Astro's and the universal Trials tread tires, 530 x 450 x 6 tires if I'm not mistaken. But I'd say there are some spots on the frame where the shape of the radius could be tweeaked. The radius of the tubing that passes over the rear tire to the axle ends is not quite right to my eye like the original Frijole is. It really needs to match the curvature of the tires. But, of course, this is likely to be hidden by the cylindrical tank behind the seat which is a must have for style. I like your front forks a lot and the forward kick in the handlebars, especially if they make the bike handle really good and are at a comfortable height and distance forward for an adult.

I think the seat your using right now is not doing the frame any justice. One of the key style points of the original Frijole is the simple oval seat with no kick up. The seat you're using just doesn't do it for me. But, the great part about seats is that they are easy to change based on personal taste.

The frame needs to be able to handle at least the height and dimensions of a Briggs 5 flathead and maybe more HP. It appears that yours does this easily. So now if you can build this frame, possibly with an optional front fork that has a simple suspension, and maybe see if a swingarm could be put on the rear with spring suspension incorporated into the two rear downtubes, then you'd have a fully optimized RestoMod Frijole Clone in various sizes for Adult riders. I think the orders will continue. I think that if you are able to adjust dimensions for customers, people will commission these custom frames. Then we'll see even more really cool bikes like these pictures that inspire me....not mine...

Thank's for the feedback:thumbsup: I'm 6'-3" and I fit on the bike fine. As far as styling goes I thought I could make this combo look a little better, that's why I let it go.

This frame is not a frijole copy, the front of the frame is like a frijole and the back is like a big bear scrambler.

I don't care for suspended bikes, if I wanted suspension I would buy a minicycle or a Honda 50. Your right about keeping it simple and suspension throws a whole new paint job on things, but thats just me.

Your right again about the seat. I just threw that on for pics. I had a seat made for the bike and it's on it now.

I'm gonna take another stab at it when I get some time. I've also got some ideas for another drag bike, just not enough time in the day:doah:

I Like it!

Now that's a cool seat! I took a second look at the earlier photos in the thread and finally realized that there were significant differences in the different frames that you built and sold in rapid succession. I really like the front end from your earlier Frijole and some of my comments about bend radius applied to the back seat area of that bike. On this latest one, It has the Scrambler rear I think you called it. That one looks really good and I think for that style, you nailed the aesthetics. The new seat is waaay better. My personal favorite would be the Frijole rear design with the radius I had described, but this one is really, really good too. I'm sure others will like the Scrambler style as their preference. Being custom and looking that good makes them special! Great work between your frames and the parts Scooterboy is making, one could really put together a dream bike...

This is the last frijole or scrambler type frame I did. I got this one as far as a roller before I sold it:thumbsup: I actually just rode it the other day (don't tell allen1967:doah:) and I gotta say it's the best handling mini I have ever ridden. I had my brother ride it and he said the same thing.

Long time lurker, First time user.

Any updates? New mini's in the works? Your build has sparked an interest in wondering if you would be willing to have another go at it! I'm thinking along the lines of the above pictured and a drag frame.. What say you 99