Holy Frijole

mini99

I saw a pic of a Taco Frijole for the first time the other day, and I need to have one. So I'm buildin one. It's not an exact copy but it's as close as I could get from a pic. Once I get wheels and axles I'll build the forks and mount the rest of the stuff:weld::grind::hammer: I'll try to get pics up as I go.

BTW, is that going to use a bicycle style fork mounting?

Not busting you on it, just thought you might want to see some pics to go off of..

Belive it or not this bike is not a taco but i am making it a taco clone. I have all the stuff to do it and will be getting to it soon. heres where it stands now. It didnt look like this to start out.

tomsprops

Nice Work ! I Peeked into your Gallery it looks like you like to go fast ! Where are you located at in CA. ? Here's another Frijole pic for you .This one is Fuji (Hodaka) powered !

I hope these help !

mini99

Thanks for the feedback guys, and the pics. injuntom, I'm not building a replica, I just like the basic shape and design of the frijole. I don't like the joints on the taco, and I wanted to change the neck around a little. The neck is gonna have sealed bearings in it, other than that it's close.

tomsprops, I live in Sanger and have a shop in Hanford. Yeah we like to go fast, theres 6 or 8 of us around here into minis pretty hard. Not resto stuff, mostly custom bikes.

I've got a 6" astro wheel for the front, the rear is gonna be live axle, prob put a 5hp briggs in it

Last edited:
Mini99 : Very nice work and a very cool shop. What type of bender do you use ?
I looked at you pictures and couldn't see who's handlebar Master Cylinder was used on your Juice system on the mini bike. Steve :scooter:

Tomsprops, I'd like to come down there and have some fun but it's sprint car season so I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Steve, I have a Hossfeld model 2 bender with dies from 7/8 to 1-3/4
I also have a HF floor mount bender I use on small stuff.

All I know about the master cylinder is it's a Magura. My buddy has a bike shop and he got it for me, i think he said it was for a clutch on a KTM:confused:

I was able to get some stuff done on the mini today.
Mounted the bearings for the rear axle.

And I got the forks tacked together.

Sorry about the pics, I turned them right side up on my computer but they didn't stay when I uploaded them:confused:

I'm putting a live axle on mine too, but was going to use kart bearing cassette holders. I like your idea better with just tabs for the cassettes, cool.

I need to get into the fabbing part of these bikes.:scooter:

I used the cassette brackets on my drag bike and they work good, but they look too bulky. I want this bike to look clean and lightweight.

I'm gonna use a 6" kart wheel on the rear. This bike is gettin disc brakes too, but I'm gonna use a mechanical caliper it's a little more old school.:thumbsup: