Holy grail silver shadow

Hurts to see it. Wish I could own it!!! I like the way the 1970 SS looks better than the 1971 SS too!!! Who am I kidding I would take any of them! That bike would sit in my bedroom and I would scream at my kids for even looking at it!!!

He was at winber. He was in a white trailer parked in front of jeffs storage garage next to the graveyard. Very nice bikes.

He was at winber. He was in a white trailer parked in front of jeffs storage garage next to the graveyard. Very nice bikes.
The guy with the street legal rupps. 6" wheel ones?
If so I sat and talked to him for at least an hour. He told me they take them to Daytona and ride up and down the strip on his mini bikes.

Midyrman

At this point in the auction the only meaningful number is the reserve. Not a dime is committed until reserve is met. Unlike a couple of the other bikes in this "gang of 6" the bidding on the Speedway is inching its way up. Like the other bikes, once reserve is met the bidding will likely tail off until near the end.

CarPlayLB

I can imagine that bike is a handful to ride. My first full size dirt bike was a Penton 125 with the same motor. It was animal!

All his bikes are nice but yes there are a few incorrect things on the bonanza and the speedway too.
I have those "S" decals that are on the frame just above the shocks, both in large and small (New Old Stock, of course). Did they only come on the Silver Shadow, or other models also? I've also got some reflective triangles, looks like they would go on headlight mounting ears but I'm not sure if they are Speedway or not.

Last edited:
I feel fortunate that I've never developed the taste for exotic sports cars, expensive wines, Cuban cigars, or Rupp mini bikes.

I can see it now, me inviting one of my old hot rod buddies over and pointing out a $6000 mini bike from my "collection" to them, and watching their eyes glaze over, as they say "Dave, your Dodge is leaking tranny fluid out one of the cooling lines." "Gotta beer?" "Let's tighten that line up."