Honda CT 70 conversion

Picking up a CT70 with a bad motor tomorrow and want to build it Faster. Whats the biggest available bolt on motor for it? Im sure theres some links here to others that have done it. Kinda want to go automatic if I can but will settle for a clutch if its all i can find.

MikeBear

Picking up a CT70 with a bad motor tomorrow and want to build it Faster. Whats the biggest available bolt on motor for it? Im sure theres some links here to others that have done it. Kinda want to go automatic if I can but will settle for a clutch if its all i can find.
If you want automatic, I think the 110cc are the largest. Some of those are also electric start. If you can shift, there are 160cc ones that'll fit for around $550~. I highly recommend nothing higher than 140cc, about $350~. The 125cc are far more common, and a better price range.

Get used to this website, it'll be a good help to you: DrATV OPERATES HERE

I have two of his big brothers the ST90 and they are the way to go for comfort and rideability . I have had the tiny Ct70's and they are a uncomfortable ride and tip over easily . They rock and roll with the larger engines and a unlimited CDI box:thumbsup:

george3

I have two of his big brothers the ST90 and they are the way to go for comfort and rideability . I have had the tiny Ct70's and they are a uncomfortable ride and tip over easily . They rock and roll with the larger engines and a unlimited CDI box:thumbsup:
How is the quality of the replacement engines.