honda gx160 build questions

Alrighty guys. I figured id tell you the story/ plans and you can just jump in as i go with comments and things im missing! Thanks in advance

I got a gx160 tonight with extremely low compression. Took it all apart and noticed slight scoring on the cylinder walls and piston skirts. So iv decided to bore .20 over. I plan on using an oem flat top pison along with the .20 over ring set (both from OldMiniBikes warehouse). My first question is can i use the oem piston pin and clip or is there a special one for a .20 over piston? Next is the head. I plan on buying the oem 14cc full dome head that comes bare. Can i use new oem valves, seats, rocker arms? I will of course be using heavier than stock springs due to the governer being removed. Am i missing anything so far? And is there a such thing as a .20 over head gasket or does the oem one work?(want to use a gx200 head gasket as they are thinner than gx160 gaskets) As for the rest of it i believe i know what im doing. Just carb from OldMiniBikes that's "performance" along with a cone air filter and adapter. Then a billet flywheel.

Please chym in on whats missing on my parts list or anything else you may think. Thanks

I would watch using a .009 head gasket, most gx160 engines are .005 in the hole and a thin head gasket...things can get real close...
Yes, you are,fine with a stock gasket,far as bore size... The motor you have now,does,it,not have a head on it? If it does save your money as it will,already have a 14cc or a 18cc head on it... Lastly the parts from your Honda head will,fit a,clone head, you just can't mix and match the rocker studs, adjuster nut, and locking nut... Clone with clone and Honda with Honda, due to the different thread pitch
But I bet the head you have now is better...

Last edited: