How do I grease steering head bearings?

Does anyone know how to grease the steering head bearings on a DB30? I just got my frame back from the powder coater today and the bearings feel a little gritty. I think the factory grease may have burned off when the frame went into the oven to cure the powder coating.

delray

sealed bearings , correct. if they feel little gritty they are probable junk and should be replace:thumbsup: did you leave them in the frame when strip and powder coated?:doah:

sealed bearings , correct. if they feel little gritty they are probable junk and should be replace:thumbsup: did you leave them in the frame when strip and powder coated?:doah:
Yes I left them in the frame. They appear to be all steel bearings, (not like the ones in the wheels). I did cover the top and bottom of the bearings with washers and a spare bolt and nut, so that the sandblasting and powder coating wouldn't damage them.

delray

problem with sandblasting it always finds a way to get into it. if they are a open style bearing you could try cleaning them out with parts cleaner/carb cleaner/minerial sprints,lacquer cleaner...etc...and with also compress air and then try to repack it like a wheel bearing by hand or by a wheel bearing grease tool? may or may not work?

problem with sandblasting it always finds a way to get into it. if they are a open style bearing you could try cleaning them out with parts cleaner/carb cleaner/minerial sprints,lacquer cleaner...etc...and with also compress air and then try to repack it like a wheel bearing by hand or by a wheel bearing grease tool? may or may not work?
if this doesnt work order a new set from baja motorsports .com

i just got mine in. $8.94 for 4 bearings shipped to my door. they are $7.94 EACH on the Baja site. i already put 2 in and it made a world of difference.

:scooter: