Hurricane Florence...

Doug, you and your family keep your noses above water. Sing-out if ya need anything. There’s no such thing as Northern Hospitality, but we’re workin on it...
Everyone else in harm’s way, keep yourselves in a position that keeps your options open.
Steve

Thanks guys for the thoughts. [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] [MENTION=56451]SAT[/MENTION]

So far we only have a slight breeze out of the north east. Lots of odd cloud movement though... The wind vane is pointing NW and the low level clouds are moving SE to NW... The higher clouds are moving NW to SE... I aint no meteorologist or any other kind of ologist but it sure looks odd to me. They are projecting that the eye will be passing over our area Saturday about 3PM. It wont be to bad I don't think but we will see. Wind and rain, wind and rain, wind and rain.....

Spent the hole day gathering and shelving minibike parts today. Hotter than hades in the shop. Making progress towards bringing my truck chassis home.

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Doug ! :thumbsup: Thanks for keeping us informed , Be safe my friend and good luck ! [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION]

7:30AM Saturday update

The event has been pushed back about 20 hours or so. Looks like the eye will now cross over us mid to late morning Sunday. We should start seeing rain today by the afternoon.

Just a stiff wind currently. Just enough to make it spooky for the dogs this morning.

When they built my shop here in the backyard the contractor told me that the footings were not designed to hold the building up but to hold the building down in up to 140MPH winds. Don't think it will ever see that unless we have a tornado.

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION]

[MENTION=56451]SAT[/MENTION]

[MENTION=54935]Fantic Freddy[/MENTION]

Last edited:
8:00 AM Sunday

I think Florence has begun to fall apart. 10 to 20 mph wind gusts, steady winds are just a stiff breeze. Rainfall is mostly a steady drizzle. It still hasn't made it this far inland. Looking at the radar it looks to have lost a lot of its strength but has spread out covering a lot of area with potential rain.

We were in Charleston when Hugo came through and had very little damage. Only had 8 shingles damaged on the house because of tree limbs rubbing on them. Although we did loose 53 trees on our 1 acre... None causing any damage thank goodness. Got very lucky with that one. Lots of damage in other areas. I got to ride on Folly island with a friend on the Sheriffs department 6 days after the storm hit and the sand had washed over the island so deep on the front street that it was up to the bottom of all the mail boxes.

Doug hope you made it through it and all is safe.

p.s. about your avatar. We just got back from Road Atlanta, and yes they have a tunnel. And yes I had to listen to all those *$$($#E&#* ricers going through it while watching some of the events. Only escape was hiding down in the pits where the BRAAAP sounds were drowned out by race engines. :smile:

All is well. 10 to 20 mph gusts and not a lot of that. A steady heavy drizzle for most of the weekend as the storm passed east of us so we got the soft side.

I hear ya with the ricers... Hate them. We used to caravan all the Mustang club to the mountains from Charleston for a big show in Cherokee, NC and it was a full on attach on the tunnels on I-40. Lots of revs and the occasional chance to stop and let it eat if you were lucky. The good old days.....

Doug