Hurricane Irma..

Yep.. ..i only got 15 gal. of gas..I'm not gonna store 50 gal. here..I'm not worried about losing power so much..long as house stands..you can't run a generator all day anyway..been thinking of getting a whole house generac as i get we older...........---->sign of tropical storm around..the birds and squirrels have vanished
Beg to differ. After charlie hit we ran a rather small generator for ..... 6 weeks only shutting it off to refuel and check oil.
I brought 36" shop fans from home ran them fridge freezers and odds and ends.
Now we have a whole house system with a automatic transfer switch. That is the cats meow.

Last edited:

markus

HUGE THANKS to OldMiniBikes member Dan Badgley, he got lucky a didn't loose power at his home in Sarasota so he hooked us up with a gennie!!! HE was here when my wife came home from work last night, she saw that little Honda gennie sitting there and actually cried a tear of joy! Another friend had one of those roll around ac units. Watched tv and slept in recirculayed air last night, just brewed a pot of coffee.......so good!!!!! Haven't had a cup o Joe since Friday. Thanky you Dan..of course I'll probably be held up in the bedroom all day instead of cutting up debris :laugh:

Last edited:
HUGE THANKS to OldMiniBikes member Dan Badgley, he got lucky a didn't loose power at his home in Sarasota so he hooked us up with a gennie!!! HE was here when my wife came home from work last night, she saw that little Honda gennie sitting there and actually cried a tear of joy! Another friend had one of those roll around ac units. Watched tv and slept in recirculayed air last night, just brewed a pot of coffee.......so good!!!!! Haven't had a cup o Joe since Friday. Thanky you Dan..of course I'll probably be held up in the bedroom all day instead of cutting up debris :laugh:
Glad to hear from you Markus. Be safe.

Doug

So good not to be hearing stories of members having their houses and possessions blown away. Some people surely did- and worse -and my heart goes out to them.

Glad everyone is Ok. My Nephew moved to Miami 2 months ago from Northern California. He took a rode trip to New Orleans and is going back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well we were lucky. The mighty oaks behind our house took the brunt of the storm. We only lost one large bush, and damaged another one.
Now have 3 brush piles in front of the house waiting on pick up from the county. We only lost cable (wife went crazy) Just got it back this morning.

Around us they got hammered, saying it could be a week or more before they get power restored. I gave my generator and tanks of gas to one of my work buds who's been without power since Sunday.

Hey people ..well..cut up some downed limbs and put away gear,have to rake moss up..yeah basically just cut up weak limbs that fell and stacked wood/moss to be burned this winter..really good for for the trees.House all good just cleanup i feel lucky no damage got power last night so thats nice..hope y'all faired as well..:smile:..just got to rake moss up..looking forward to a cruise around the area tomorrow..
tired and having a beer..sleep

Last edited:
Hey people ..well..cut up some downed limbs and put away gear,have to rake moss up..yeah basically just cut up weak limbs that fell and stacked wood/moss to be burned this winter..really good for for the trees.House all good just cleanup i feel lucky no damage got power last night so thats nice..hope y'all faired as well..:smile:..just got to rake moss up..looking forward to a cruise around the area tomorrow..
tired and having a beer..sleep
Great news buddy !!

It could be much worse..i always say it could be worse,life can get interesting in a bad way fast so enjoy your days in the sun and cherish each one...there are no guarantees in this world..every day (almost):laugh: i crack open a beer and celebrate life...life is for the living...

gbabins1

I think we dodged a bullet this time. No damage to either of our houses here in Pasco. Very Thankful! Lost power for a bit but generators are worth their weight in gold when you need 'em. Could've been worse for sure!

maverick1

We ended up in Rome Georgia. The people of Georgia were so good to the evacuees. The motel we were staying at, people from Rome brought in toys for the kids, dog food and a never ending supply of snacks. One local posted her name and phone number to anyone who wanted to go to her house for dinner. One town near the border cooked up some butts and were passing out dinners to the people from Florida only to be followed up with sausage and biscuits in the morning. They helped make the best out of what could of been the worse. We waited to return until power and water were back on and when we got home our neighbors had our yard cleaned up. Good people!

gbabins1

That's awesome Maverick! I know the news covers much of the bad things that happen during times like these but I noticed many good samaritans as well. There's still some good people out there [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's nice..glad you people and homes ok..this quick pic was tail end of storm in the morning.. still blowing so went back inside.I can't believe that $10 tarp still on the boat..I'm still cleaning the yard.. IMG_20170914_204034.jpg

Last edited: