I crashed magnificently yesterday.

It was a gorgeous day in my area yesterday. I was tooling around on my mini. I got bored with the same old streets, so I decided to go for a blast through the school yard. I get onto the grass and hit the throttle. Bike is a little wiggly on the muddy/icy field. I look around and there is a deck hockey game going on at the rink. All the parents watching turn towards me with a WTF look on their faces. I did not want to disturb their game so I gun the engine. The bike gets totally squirelly under me so I bailed. I push off and tucked and rolled. I pop up and raise my hands above my head like Rocky. Bike keeps going, turns right and then flips. It goes about 6 feet in the air in a big ball of white smoke. Must flipped about 4-5 times. I grab my bike and go running with it across the field to the other side of a building where no one could see me. I count my arms, legs and fingers. Touch all the wet spots on my body and none came back red. I walk Thor home.
I survey the damage:
Front fender is bent to shit(gonna hang it on the wall in my shop to make me remember)
Recoil start is fubar. Bent to shit and pins gone.
Chunks of mud stuck every where.
Foot pedal on the left bent back.

I take a recoil start from another engine and put it on. I gas it up and check the oil. Added oil, bent back fender and gave the foot pedal a kick forward.

I start him up. Runs BETTER than before. I decide to attempt to redeem myself and I ride up by the deck hocky rink. This time on the sidewalk across the street. I cruise by slowly and rev Thor a little bit and then take off down the block. I felt redeemed. Took Thor home and called it a day.
I am not hurt at all. Got muddy and I am a little sore.

Last edited:
that is a funny story maybe someone in the stands got you on vidio and you will see yourself on worst crashes on tv imagine that

i almost wrecked my friend's DB yesterday. it was in first and i thought it was in second so i nailed it. it came out from underneath me but i was able to hang on. it's a good thing the bike has a clutch. no one saw me and nothing got hurt on the bike so it's all fine.

i alsmost tipped over on a quad doing about 5mph yesterday too. :laugh:

Zach

When you drive on ice or other slick surfaces you need to drag your feet like snow skis or ice skates. So if it starts losing it you can balance it out. Either that or bail off standing up and just let the bike ride out from underneath you.

Parliament : Glad you were able to salvage the day with another ride . But I did have to go and look up " Deck Hockey " a term gladly not used here in Portland, Oregon
Steve :scooter:

I dint crash but i sheared a flywheel key several miles from home on a break in ride to see if everything held up, without my minibike how would i get exercise? glad the key was about 79cents at ace hardware. btw i used to live in concord for about 3 years, I lived near port chicago highway didn't have a minibike back then tho :(

Last edited:
I am starting to feel some funny stuff. My neck feels a little funny and I am walking with a little limp. I did not notice the limp someone pointed it out to me. I put Thor up for a while. I am going to concentrate on fixing up my other mini.