installing timing key

lapping is over my head right now so is filing so I decided to get a 4* key. was hard to get out but managed. how do you put the new one in? its really tight, just tap it in or what?

Lightly tap it in with the offset clockwise. I put a little motor oil on the crank and slid the flywheel into place and tapped it tight with a rubber mallet, then buttoned it all up with the bolt and starter cup. :hammer:

what do you mean by the offset? I Tapped the key in then the flywheel slid on really easy. wondering if I did something wrong

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The flywheel is now offset to the right, or clockwise. This allows the flywheel magnet to pass by the coil sooner, which also means it's advanced.

when you're looking at the flywheel side of the engine the key needs to be installed like this.

i know my 5 second PS job is amazing. :blink:

alright thanks guys but am I missing something here? I assumed my 4* key is already set so there is no "step" in it . it looks the same as my stock one. I tapped it in not knowing how its suppose to fit then my flywheel slid on easy

alright thanks guys but am I missing something here? I assumed my 4* key is already set so there is no "step" in it . it looks the same as my stock one. I tapped it in not knowing how its suppose to fit then my flywheel slid on easy
if it's not stepped it's not an advanced key.

Thanks for the info. I got hosed, ordered a 4* key and got a stock one. Guess I'll be filing after all. Tkanks again for the info, much appreciated

go back to the first page and look at the pic i posted. :thumbsup:
I went back and didn't find any clocks or counters, but i found this amazing masterpiece. And if that only took you 5 seconds, I need to take some photshop lessons from you, that shit would have taken me days to come up with and complete the coloring.

I went back and didn't find any clocks or counters, but i found this amazing masterpiece. And if that only took you 5 seconds, I need to take some photshop lessons from you, that shit would have taken me days to come up with and complete the coloring.
the coloring was a pain in the ass. :cursing: