intakes

iv got like a $20 budget and a clone engine
i was thinkin of doin a cold air intake like on cars with some dryer tubing
my plan was to hose clamp the tubing where the intake is and run the dryer tubing to point toward the handlebars and have it run to the front of the bike so the air is not effected by engine temp.
idk i have never seen this done but i want any intake i do to look homebrew to keep a sorta rat bike feel to it.
im not sure if this would help or not.

dont think that would make much diff at all. unlike a car or truck, the engine in a mini is open to the air, (cooler temps). A car's engine is under a hood, and heat is the enemy there, so piping colder air into the engine makes sense. Hope that helps. Would look kinda cool though.....

you wouldn't gain anything from it and it could possibly hurt performance. you'll probably get more air just having the air filter out there.

I was thinking the other night how cool it would be to make a little cold air intake like on a tuner, with the polished pipe and a k&n cone filter on the end, then my next thought was how gay it would look.

Oldsalt

If positive air pressure [a worthwhile amount] is applied to the carb intake without adding the same to the area above the fuel in the float bowl there will be problems. The entire carb must be subjected to the same increase in air pressure, not just the intake, or it will not work properly.