Introduction post

Hi, I wanted to post an introduction for my first post. My friends have small and big tire mini bikes, and I got the itch to build one too. My son and I are finishing a build of a vintage Sears mini bike, but I’m having trouble with the Predator 212 we put on it. I’ll be posting a thread on that in the engine forum. Thanks for having this terrific forum.
image.jpg

@Triley41395 thank you. We got it as a frame and forks only. The forks were bent pretty badly, so we adapted forks from a Yamaha PW50, and modified the frame to make clearance for the Predator carb/air cleaner. We also replaced a section of frame that was rusted from the inside out, leaving the wall very thin. This frame spent a lot of years outside unfortunately. Luckily one of the guys at work is a very good tig welder and was able to make all my tacks permanent and blended in. I designed and built the fork trees.

image.jpg image.jpg

Triley41395

@Triley41395 thank you. We got it as a frame and forks only. The forks were bent pretty badly, so we adapted forks from a Yamaha PW50, and modified the frame to make clearance for the Predator carb/air cleaner. We also replaced a section of frame that was rusted from the inside out, leaving the wall very thin. This frame spent a lot of years outside unfortunately. Luckily one of the guys at work is a very good tig welder and was able to make all my tacks permanent and blended in. I designed and built the fork trees.

View attachment 293777 View attachment 293778
If you have any before pictures I'd love to see them. Or in process pictures.

Hi, I wanted to post an introduction for my first post. My friends have small and big tire mini bikes, and I got the itch to build one too. My son and I are finishing a build of a vintage Sears mini bike, but I’m having trouble with the Predator 212 we put on it. I’ll be posting a thread on that in the engine forum. Thanks for having this terrific forum.
View attachment 293762
Nice dude!

Thanks for the kind words. These are the earliest photos I can find, and it’s after we installed the new wheels and tires. I wanted to try and straighten the forks, but they were just too bent and rusted to use.

20B88466-032D-445C-A901-72F916EC40C6.jpeg 6A400911-1A1C-49C8-9826-6EEFC01B7B6A.jpeg

LIVIT

From what you started with, to what you got now. All I can say is well done ! Hope you get your predator running. Next time you buy a new engine. Spend a few dollars more, the difference in quality is very obvious. I just recently, after lots of research and questions, ordered a Wildcat 223 7.5hp stroker Hemi for $230. Your pics sure brought back some good old memories from the late 60's and 70's for me !