Is Metallic green a mandatory color for the 2015 build off? LOL

Green is the bad luck death color on motorcycles. Thus to paint green is "flipping the bird" at death. In the 60's and 70's you'd never see one green, or seldom would because everyone knew someone who'd died on a green bike, or whose ol Lady had split, or been arrested, etc. etc.
Didn't know that Dave! Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:

I've heard over the years green was an unlucky color in race cars and presumably in other vehicles. Snopes.com had an article about Lee Oldfield in 1911. Apparently, in Syracuse New York, he blew a tire out, went through a snow fence into the infield and killed 11 people and injured 10 others. The crash threw Oldfield out of the car but he was relatively uninjured. The website went into other instances since then as well.

I don't believe in such things but, whatever.

I read another story about A.J. Foyt. Seems someone had brought a green metal beer cooler into Foyt's pit area. It sounded like one of those green Coleman coolers of long ago. Anyway, Foyt saw the cooler in the pit area, whereupon he proceeded to beat the hell out of the cooler, destroying it with a jack handle and threw the beat up cooler and it's contents out of his area. It said no one would fess up who had brought the cooler into the pit area to start with. A.J. is probably certifiable.