is there a differance in #420 and #428 sized chain

maddcarson

ok so i was on gokartgalaxy.com and i need a new sprocket.. so i found some chain for $2.00 per foot and they have the size 420 and then i went to sprockets and found blank sprokets for size 428 chain....so is there a differance or can i use the normal 41 chain....keep in mind that this is going on a 11hp engine..

have you ever tried using google to help you answer your own questions?

spending 10 minutes trying to find an answer yourself is much quicker than waiting for hours on here.

$2 per foot chain is going to suck. buy some quality chain so you don't have to worry about it. it's expensive but it pays off in the long run.

if you've already got a 41 sprocket, 41 clutch or 41 chain just stick with it. it's just a waste of money to switch everything around.

#41 is plenty strong. #35 kart chain will even handle a lot of power.

i'm 255lbs and have a 12ish hp clone. i'm using good #35 chain and haven't had one issue with it.

yup the comets are nice an quiet on engagment and they just keep on pulling i got one on a slightly modified briggs raptor cart of mine runin it with #35 cart chain and its a beast

I need to know if a Clutch / Sprocket rated for #41 chain will work with #420 chain

I need to replace the clutch on my Baja Heat and it uses #420 Chain

-Logan

Yes,
A #41 clutch & sprocket will work with your #420 chain. The 420 is just a beefier version of the 41, but still keeps the same 1/2" pitch and 1/4" roller width.