I've always wanted one!

I have always wanted a mini bike! As a kid, I used to sit on the ones at the Sears Tire Center and dream of all the
places I would explore on my mini bike. As I recall, they cost about $129 and that was for the deluxe model. Fast forward 40 years. I came across an old Sears mini bike with the original engine that looked like it could never be repaired to run! Little did I know about how people like to restore those Tecumseh engines. I decided to restore the bike so that I could putt around the farm on it, never planning to go fast. The bike is way to fast for me at this point. This is my mini bike story!

Welcome to the club. I had a Manco Thunderbird with a tecumseh engine way back when i was 12......didnt even know what i really had back then....the hunt is on for another one lol. I've got a couple bikes in the under construction phase, and a couple nice engines. One has been identified as a 1984 3hp. I tried making a thread about it but it hasnt posted.....hope to see you around the forums!

Coast to Coast Hardware store, Marinette Wisconsin, spring of 1971. My Cousin Tom, Myself and Toms Dad, My Uncle Russel. Picking up Toms brand new Rupp Black Widow. I was 9 years old. It was the most beautiful piece of machinery I had ever laid eyes on. I never forgot that day, or that Mini Bike. I'm building one right now...