jai ling 5.5 clone, need opinion on these pics please

Hey guys, i picked up a used jai ling 5.5 clone for $5 and i knew it wasnt gonna just fire right up when i got it home i decided to take of some pieces and clean it up and out then fill it with some synthetic oil (bought cause it was on clearance for the price of regular oil) well i started with pulling off the cover which the pull start setup is damaged a bit, those pics will be coming tomorrow or when i think im ready to put it back together. When i pulled the oil plug out and let the oil/water combo drain into a 1 liter bottle and filled it 7/8ths full.

My First question- will the oil/water combo surely ruin the motor? I have added 3 picks of the inside of the cylinder to give you guys a better idea of what i have going on.

Does anybody have the same motor and know of the best price quality gasket set for this motor?

I must have 234 other questions but figure two at a time will keep people from running away from this thread, cause i could really use some help! im a super newb

Thanks for at least reading and two thanks if you reply, three if the reply helps at all.

Not knowing how long it sat and just how much water got inside but from the picture I would open the case remove the piston and make sure the rings are not stuck. Give the cylinder a light honing, clean it real good. Make sure the piston is not badly corroded and the bearing surface of the rod and crankshaft are good too. You'll be money ahead doing that.

Well it looks like there is just too much rust on the walls. I would say that it needs a bore. Rings are slammed into piston. I'll shelve it for now. Isky has a block for $130? The crank and rod are brand new from this.

Holy smokes I just posted on the wrong thread. Sorry!

Last edited: