Jury duty

Just got home from jury duty and I have to say they have it worked out very well it seemed much better than the other time I served years ago.

I wasn't to happy when I got my notice to serve but after confirming my work will pay me for the day/s I serve I was sort of looking forward to it.

There were only two cases today and while I did go to a court room with 29 other people to be selected for the 7 needed for the case it ends up they selected the needed people before getting to me and by the time we got back to the juror's waiting room the other case had also selected their jurors.

I love jury duty. It's great fun actually. I skip a couple questions on the form and lay in wait. I like to see how far I can make it in the process before the old felony conviction thing pops up. It's really a barrel of laughs, although I'm the only one laughing. You don't like it then stop sending me the summons

I have been called only once for jury duty, they asked me a series of questions which I answered honestly and once the look of shock wore off their faces they dismissed me.:laugh: Never heard from them again and I do not expect to.

I have never been called to jury duty and I am kind of sad about that.

I pay tax.

I vote.

I try and be the good neighbor type.

But they never called me.

Its important we all do our part.

Vote and be one of the 12...

To many people died in all kinds of wars to make sure we had these things

I served jury duty once. Got selected and sat a DV case. Excellent DA. The accused had the worst lawyer I have ever seen. He almost directly said his client was guilty.

We spent more time picking the jury foreman than the verdict.

Hahahaha!!!!

I've been on jury duty a couple of times. It's fun to joke about it now, but I don't hesitate to serve when called and take it seriously when it happens.
Ya !!!!

In some countries you stand in fornt of a judge only ( maybe 3 ).

Who do you want to decide your fait.
A judge who may not reflect your social economic group or a jury of your peers.

I will take my peers every time.

I've been summoned twice. First time my group was dismissed before we even gathered. Wasted taking a day off work for that.

The last time was earlier this year. I sat on my ass for a day and a half and didn't get called before they found their jurors. It was a waste of time, but I did find the whole process of choosing jurors rather interesting. One guy full on went off at the judge when they called him up for questions. He just got deferred.

I did get a check in the mail for $15 to cover expenses. That barely covered what I spent on gas driving to the court house on the first day. I get that it's my civic duty to serve on a jury, but it's a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

Hahahaha!!!!

I've been on jury duty a couple of times. It's fun to joke about it now, but I don't hesitate to serve when called and take it seriously when it happens.
Only I wasn't really joking. In a past incarnation as a (cough, choke, gag:doah::no:) police officer in the fine city of Detroit, in about 98 out of a 100 cases that went to jury trial, Dindu Nuffins simply didn't like the sentence offered in his plea deal. Don't like the time, don't do the crime!

For the one of two who are actually innocent - but still guilty of other crimes (never actually saw one of those cases myself but I mighta heard of one once) well then you can consider yourself screwed, your life completely ruined, bankrupt, divorced, diseased, just take 20 years off your life expectancy. Can't help ya brother.

Now, as a subject of the most monstrous, unlawful, unconstitutional regime in history and also being an unabashed, unashamed, unremorseful illegal minibike rider through the streets and industrial parks of Reno, I have no respect. For the law, for the courts, for our 'justice system', the president, congress, and most of all cops. I don't even consider'em the good guys, just lyin, thievin, filthy.....so yea, bring in the next guilty POS, you want me on your jury fowshow.:no:

so yea, bring in the next guilty POS, you want me on your jury fowshow.:no:
Shall I bring in my "court-appointed" attorney? :thumbsup:

The way I see it, if LEO doesn't let me go, it's already (1) going to cost me a lot of money, and (2) I'm guilty as hell.

Reminds me of how that state-issued driver's license is a defacto state border crossing pass, but not a work permit.

Or hotrod-restrictive SMOG inspection requirements in the City of Reno/Washoe Co. right out of the Kalifornia Play Book, as compared to a legal residence with ensuing driver's license in nearby Carson City- where there is no inspection requirement.

No one's gettin' fat 'cept momma Cass. Stevie in Hawaii?