just venting a bit

This isn't a Craigslist or a Ebay issue but it's similar. On Facebook there are groups that are set up for online "Garage Sales" in your local area. I saw on one of these that a person had a Doodlebug mini bike for sale for $100 on it. (he also has another mini bike and a go cart for sale) I told him I wanted to buy the doodlebug and that I would have to pick it up on Sunday because I was camping for the weekend. He agreed and said he would talk with me on Sunday. So now Sunday comes (I come home early from camping to make sure I have time to go and get the mini bike) and I PM him again on Facebook and now he says that he has a better deal and if it falls through then he will let me know. I told him that we already agreed on the deal and he tells me it took to long and he couldn't wait on me any longer. I told him "We agreed on Sunday, how is that taking to long!!". He never responded back.
People like this just piss me off, don't agree to a deal then back out of it if "something better comes up" or at least have the common decency to let the person know that you changed your mind before the day he's coming to pick it up!

dude, talk to me when you are already an hour away from home, or had already looked at the item and on the way back from the ATM and dude sells the shit out from under you.

dude might be a jerk, but money is money and if someone offered him more hes gonna take it. if you arent right there with money in hand, EXPECT TO GET SCREWED!

That's crap, a deal is a deal. :hammer:
If your not going to stand by your word then your no better then the droppings my dog leaves in the yard.

He should have stated, first come first serve.
buuuut, he didn't and he did make an agreement and blew it.
Thats the typical mentality of today's society, doesn't surprise me. The days of a handshake or trusting agreements are gone.

He should have stated, first come first serve.
buuuut, he didn't and he did make an agreement and blew it.
Thats the typical mentality of today's society, doesn't surprise me. The days of a handshake or trusting agreements are gone.
Sad but OH sooo true.

I made a handshake deal with someone on here AND his father. Stood toe to toe-eye to eye and to me the handshakes sealed the deal in stone.

POS'its (that is piece of shits) have to date never came through with what we agreed on. WTF??

A verbal contract as in my situation USE to mean something. I guess times have changed as have the people we deal with-

Personally to this day if I make a deal verbal or otherwise it is binding and I pride myself on such things as this. For those that don't-they can kiss my azz.

He told me he would let me know if the other deal fell through and if so then he would sell it to me. Well he must be crazy if he thinks I'm going to buy it off of him now, he can shove that mini bike right up his :censure: for all I care now!!

this has come up numerous times here on OldMiniBikes.
1 in 10 folks are true to their word. you gotta be there with cash in hand when the item is up for sale, otherwise flaky sellers with always screw you!

delray

this posting is about the samething too.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/98784-anyone-else-fed-up-4.html

DELRAY
kind of fed up with parts for sale. i pm one guy and make a deal(sold) and days(almost a week) later he pm's me and tells me he sold it to someone else........and then i pm to another guy about something he had for sale and no answer back and still for sale......
i am about ready to through them under the bus,so everybody know's who i am talking about.

keeping a list of people.....:deal: