Kart Wheels

hi, i am looking for a rear set of the above spoke wheels for a kart with a 1 inch live axle? ,mac if you have more please pm me. i am new to the site and can't send messages yet. thank you

Mac

hi, i am looking for a rear set of the above spoke wheels for a kart with a 1 inch live axle? ,mac if you have more please pm me. i am new to the site and can't send messages yet. thank you
....So, If I send you a PM you can't answer it ?
Sounds like I'd be typing just to hear myself type.

I still have all my drive half pieces, but no matching halves to finish the rim.

wheel halves

yes i can reply, i just cant send anyone a pm until i have sent 3 thread messages i guess? how much do you want for rim halves? thank you, steve

Tabloc rear wheels

Hi Guys,

I'm new to your forum. I'm going to restore a ratty Tornado L2 kart and I'm short one rear wheel. It's taken me awhile to find original 3/4 bearing fronts and one rear wheel. I have a couple extra fronts like the ones shown in the big pile of wheels in an earlier post. A rear half with the keyed insert could be used with a front half to make up a usable rear. I'd prefer a complete rear drive wheel without any sprocket bolt bosses if possible.

Thanks for the help

Michael

Mac

Hi Guys,

I'm new to your forum. I'm going to restore a ratty Tornado L2 kart and I'm short one rear wheel.

I'd prefer a complete rear drive wheel without any sprocket bolt bosses if possible.
....Haven't seen any live drive without the bosses.
Eventually you may have to toss a bossed half onto a big lathe.

Hi Mac,

Are any of your boss style inner halves for sale ? I have the tools to modify it. Do you know of any of the fronts that were made for 3/4 roller bearings?

Thanks
Michael

Mac

Are any of your boss style inner halves for sale ? I have the tools to modify it. Do you know of any of the fronts that were made for 3/4 roller bearings?
Everything I own is for sale.

I have never seen any outer halves set up for tapered bearings,
so more work on a lathe may be needed to change over.

Hi Mac,

Please send me a PM or email with the price you'd like for your wheel half. The original 60's Tabloc wheels are slightly different than the ones that became common on mini bikes. The early ones had no small raised lips around the bolt holes and the bolts went in from the backside and were threaded into blind holes on the outside half. Fronts were originally available with tapered roller bearings in both halves. I don't know when the tooling was changed to be like most of the wheels available now. This is a photo of one of my fronts and my only rear wheel. With a little work I can make a rear from one of your inner boss equipped halves and a newer style front.

Cheers
Michael