Keystone 2-Stroke TAS Survivor.....kinda

Sorry for not letting you know Frank, but I haven't been able to look at it yet. He has the bike in a storage unit and hasn't got it out yet. He says that he'll get it out this week so hopefully that happens.

As for this bike, I am hoping to get it powder coated sometime. I talked to a shop and he quoted me $150 to blast and coat it as long as I have all the grease, oil, etc. cleaned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem

No problem, sounds good.
Progress is progress!

What color are you going with?
I think I've only seen these in red and yellow and I like both.

thanks
frankster

I'm gonna stick with yellow on it. I'm still not decided on what to do with the rims yet, polish them up and clear them or powder coat them aswell?

Rims

On these I like polish and clear coat, I think it makes the tires and frame stand out more. Either way its going to look great.

thanks
frankster

Sorry Frank, no luck. What the guy said was a red keystone 2-stroke turned out to be a red fox scamp with a wore out H35 4-stroke. :doah: And he valued the scamp at $500. So it was a bad find.

Well this thread is over, if you haven't already noticed :laugh: My 2 vintage sleds have become priority at the moment so this bike will be pushed off until spring. I'll start a new thread then.

It will be an easy restoration, the frame just needs to be sandblasted and painted, the motor needs a rebuild, and I have to machine a few parts for the transmission. I may also convert it over to #35 chain instead of bicycle chain.