L.A Drag Spot.

Rumor says primetime's bike " the punisher" got the record back for cali.
I heard 7.03 @ 92mph . Big props to primetime & dustin. . :thumbsup:
Thanks guys, I'll say this much a 6 second run is near, the 7.03 run was nowhere close to perfect on the clutch setup, I honestly feel with where i'm at on the clutch i think the bike will go 6.60-6.70's on a good run.. And to boot that was on straight Alcohol, NO pop..

Look for the record to drop and stay in Cali!! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'll say this much a 6 second run is near, the 7.03 run was nowhere close to perfect on the clutch setup, I honestly feel with where i'm at on the clutch i think the bike will go 6.60-6.70's on a good run.. And to boot that was on straight Alcohol, NO pop..

Great job dude. You got that thing movin. I think the record will stay here for another couple of years.

an with no pop. Lol I like that ...... :thumbsup:

Dustin on another note. Did you ever finish building that 212cc flathead gasser ?

an with no pop. Lol I like that ...... :thumbsup:

Dustin on another note. Did you ever finish building that 212cc flathead gasser ?
Thank you again, I have started on it, just haven't finished it up yet.. Shops been busy so been taking care of business, but if I can find some time here soon I would like to get it all finished up, and dynoed.. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you again, I have started on it, just haven't finished it up yet.. Shops been busy so been taking care of business, but if I can find some time here soon I would like to get it all finished up, and dynoed.. I'll keep you posted.
sweet!

Something like that, what would be easily doable HP number on gas ?

sweet!

Something like that, what would be easily doable HP number on gas ?
I'm shooting for 18-19 hp at around 8600-9200 rpm.. Thats my goal anyways. I feel its do-able but the dyno will tell the story, but it needs to peak power that high to keep up with overhead valve engines, thats the only way i feel i can be competitive against them.. I was figuring on having to run close to 11,000 rpm at the finish line in the 1/8 to win...

I'm shooting for 18-19 hp at around 8600-9200 rpm.. Thats my goal anyways. I feel its do-able but the dyno will tell the story, but it needs to peak power that high to keep up with overhead valve engines, thats the only way i feel i can be competitive against them.. I was figuring on having to run close to 11,000 rpm at the finish line in the 1/8 to win...
for a flathead 5 on gas that would be impressive. So your estimating a flathead having to turn 1,000 to 1,500 more rpm in order to compete with the ohv's ?

Sorry if this is off topic. :confused: I'm hoping someone here can give a starting point. Here is what I have. Premier magnum clutch with heavy shoes, a modified intek eng (WF piston and rod, billet flywheel , slightly higher than stock compression), 14/56 gearing, 10.5" kart wheel, direct drive. Camel and jockey about 210 lbs. I have not run this combo yet since project is not finished. What springs should I start with? Clutch has white springs. Thanks

Sorry if this is off topic. :confused: I'm hoping someone here can give a starting point. Here is what I have. Premier magnum clutch with heavy shoes, a modified intek eng (WF piston and rod, billet flywheel , slightly higher than stock compression), 14/56 gearing, 10.5" kart wheel, direct drive. Camel and jockey about 210 lbs. I have not run this combo yet since project is not finished. What springs should I start with? Clutch has white springs. Thanks
I don't have a magnum clutch an have never run one either but my buddy has. Based on your combo id go with the green springs. That'll give you a 3200 ingagment. Should be perfect for your set up.