L.A Drag Spot.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Do you use silly putty?
Clay, and putty works fine

It wasn't needed in that gasser motor. It wasn't built no were near to how tight I build my open alky motors. Plus the valves were super light titanium, with white stripe springs.

Less lift, less duration, more piston to head clearance, and thicker head gasket.

This current open alky motor I'm building now only has .045" piston to head clearance. .486" valve lift, 260 duration @ .050" lift, and NO head gasket. And 15.85:1 static compression. WAY beyond that little gasser

Last edited:

It wasn't needed in that gasser motor. It wasn't built no were near to how tight I build my open alky motors. Plus the valves were super light titanium, with white stripe springs.

Less lift, less duration, more piston to head clearance, and thicker head gasket.

This current open alky motor I'm building now only has .045" piston to head clearance. .486" valve lift, 260 duration @ .050" lift, and NO head gasket. And 15.85:1 static compression. WAY beyond that little gasser
And what makes you think this one won't blow up:shrug:

Just wondering,That's all I had or knew to use back in the early 70's.I didn't have fancy machines or anything like that,did most everything with bench grinders and hand files and drills with stones. Had an old man down the road heli-arc the cams and I ground them on a bench grinder by hand. But hey I was 11 at the time so what did I know. Copying cam profiles from old hot rod mags.I guess you call that R&D now. Some worked some not so good but I did get pulled over on my old mini passing cars at 12,speed limit was 55 at the time.he made me push it home while he followed me.

I guess I have no point to this post,but it looked like it fit right in.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
And what makes you think this one won't blow up:shrug:
Who is to say?
I can always go backwards and build a 10 second motor, but that's been done already. I like being the only guy with 8 second small blocks.

Goose try to understand this, I can always talk about slower times when I have been quicker. But when are slower, you can't talk about quicker times. :wink:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Just wondering,That's all I had or knew to use back in the early 70's.I didn't have fancy machines or anything like that,did most everything with bench grinders and hand files and drills with stones. Had an old man down the road heli-arc the cams and I ground them on a bench grinder by hand. But hey I was 11 at the time so what did I know. Copying cam profiles from old hot rod mags.I guess you call that R&D now. Some worked some not so good but I did get pulled over on my old mini passing cars at 12,speed limit was 55 at the time.he made me push it home while he followed me.

I guess I have no point to this post,but it looked like it fit right in.
Nice OldSchool story

Who is to say?
I can always go backwards and build a 10 second motor, but that's been done already. I like being the only guy with 8 second small blocks.

Goose try to understand this, I can always talk about slower times when I have been quicker. But when are slower, you can't talk about quicker times. :wink:
you keep talking about 8 second bikes, but you need to tell the hole story...they are 8 second bikes with little skinny kids on them.....:anon.sml:

If goose put dom on X-con, his bike too would pick way up too, but he chooses to keep it real and his bike is what it is with him on it...:thumbsup:

Do you think no one else could have an 8 second bike with a skinn kid ? your just the only one who chose to let a jockey ride your bike, to achieve a false timeslip....but you ride them on the steet cause there is no one standing on the return road handing you a slower timeslip....:lol:

Last edited:
you keep talking about 8 second bikes, but you need to tell the hole story...they are 8 second bikes with little skinny kids on them.....:anon.sml:

If goose put dom on X-con, his bike too would pick way up too, but he chooses to keep it real and his bike is what it is with him on it...:thumbsup:

Do you think no one else could have an 8 second bike with a skinn kid ? your just the only one who chose to let a jockey ride your bike, to achieve a false timeslip....but you ride them on the steet cause there is no one standing on the return road handing you a slower timeslip....:lol:
Thank you. :thumbsup:
I know my bike can run a 9. Its been running off. Runs fine till 7900 then starts to sputter. I need a bigger carb. Top end suffering bad. That's Only reason I'm not out riding it. Motor works fine . Nobody knew this but I switched it to gas for the fathersday ride last year. So I wonder if you could run a mbd motor on the river for 30 miles then hit the races without blowing up and rebuilding. I guess we all know what would happen tho. Then when it blows up it should be the jockeys fault. :thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!

That's a big maybe, do it is what I say. All of them are skinny

He claims a 10.2 but I never seen that myself.

My time slips are not false, because if mine are then all of EASTSIDE RACING slips are false. And they run nitro. The time is the time, point blank period.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Thank you. :thumbsup:
I know my bike can run a 9. Its been running off. Runs fine till 7900 then starts to sputter. I need a bigger carb. Top end suffering bad. That's Only reason I'm not out riding it. Motor works fine . Nobody knew this but I switched it to gas for the fathersday ride last year. So I wonder if you could run a mbd motor on the river for 30 miles then hit the races without blowing up and rebuilding. I guess we all know what would happen tho. Then when it blows up it should be the jockeys fault. :thumbsup:
Until it runs the numbers it's all talk!!!!

River riding, lol I been doing that before drag racing

That's a big maybe, do it is what I say. All of them are skinny

He claims a 10.2 but I never seen that myself.

My time slips are not false, because if mine are then all of EASTSIDE RACING slips are false. And they run nitro. The time is the time, point blank period.
Yup whoever aint riding there own bike, Your time slips are false....yours are just as false as eastsides, and vice versa....

you should ride your own bike like you do at ana, and post what your bike really runs...maybe a high 9 if you skip IHOP for a week....:laugh:

only fast bike with its owner riding it is Shane...Point Blank Period...:hammer:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yup whoever aint riding there own bike, Your time slips are false....yours are just as false as eastsides, and vice versa....

you should ride your own bike like you do at ana, and post what your bike really runs...maybe a high 9 if you skip IHOP for a week....:laugh:

only fast bike with its owner riding it is Shane...Point Blank Period...:hammer:
Oh wow, so everyone but Shane, Martin, and Jake pretty much have real slips. So that's not good for me, Solo, Eastside Racing Whole Crew, Bryan, Ronald, Harold, and Pelone.

So, what about Mr. JD?

Heres how I see it..... If you claim to have the fastest track time then make sure your bike has equal amount of weight to the next fastest guy. If you do then u have every right to say your the fastest. But if your setup is 50lbs lighter then its not apples for apples. Just cuz you got a slip that has a certain time doesn't mean your the fastest if your apples and oranges

Oh wow, so everyone but Shane, Martin, and Jake pretty much have real slips. So that's not good for me, Solo, Eastside Racing Whole Crew, Bryan, Ronald, Harold, and Pelone.

So, what about Mr. JD?
Never had a time slip.... dont even have a bike, im not the one telling people there stuff is slow and claiming i have an 8 sec bike....point blank period, your bike is not an 8 second bike on ana, only at the track with a skinny kid on it...all this from the guy who said he dont spend all that money to let a jockey ride ? Unless you can get a false timeslip i guess....:laugh::laugh:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Heres how I see it..... If you claim to have the fastest track time then make sure your bike has equal amount of weight to the next fastest guy. If you do then u have every right to say your the fastest. But if your setup is 50lbs lighter then its not apples for apples. Just cuz you got a slip that has a certain time doesn't mean your the fastest if your apples and oranges
I truly believe your bike is the quickest and fastest pound for pound. But that's not my point

I'm in a argument with goose, and Solo. Pound for pound my bikes are quicker and faster hands down. But yet they talk SH-T for some odd reason. Then they say my motors are 30-40 cc bigger than there's.

I say so F --King what, I'm not gonna reduce power to make you closer to me.

Like if I complained that YOU BEAN have 541cc of engine, and started talking trash to you saying. Build you a 212cc and then you get on the bike and let's see how quick and fast you are. That's the dumbest thing in the world to say. Because not everyone builds, some just buy a motor. And we only get what we can afford, or what we want to have.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Never had a time slip.... dont even have a bike, im not the one telling people there stuff is slow and claiming i have an 8 sec bike....point blank period, your bike is not an 8 second bike on ana, only at the track with a skinny kid on it...all this from the guy who said he dont spend all that money to let a jockey ride ? Unless you can get a false timeslip i guess....:laugh::laugh:
You can say "false" all you want NOW. This is the new 03/23/2013 JD.
So I'm fine with that, it doesn't hurt my feelings. :thumbsup:

Fact is you are telling goose he is a 10 sec guy and your an 8 second guy, your only half right goose is a 10 sec guy, and your jockey is an 8 sec guy, you are a high 9 at best, which put goose a lot closer to you then you would like people to know...its just that simple...just saying:laugh:

I truly believe your bike is the quickest and fastest pound for pound. But that's not my point

I'm in a argument with goose, and Solo. Pound for pound my bikes are quicker and faster hands down. But yet they talk SH-T for some odd reason. Then they say my motors are 30-40 cc bigger than there's.

I say so F --King what, I'm not gonna reduce power to make you closer to me.

Like if I complained that YOU BEAN have 541cc of engine, and started talking trash to you saying. Build you a 212cc and then you get on the bike and let's see how quick and fast you are. That's the dumbest thing in the world to say. Because not every builds, some just buy a motor. And we only get what we can afford, or what we want to have.
You bike is an 8sec bike, just not with you on it....lol. dont get butt dyno hurt man...its just the facts