LeadFoot 100' Drags -Rhode Island-

Fired up bike today, and she sounds pretty mean. The clutch is acting funny though gotta figure out what's up with that. It's engaging early.
I adjusted the springs, we'll see how that works.

If I can't get this clutch to behave, I'm not bringing my bike to the race. No sense bringing it if the clutch isn't acting right but I'll still go either way. I still have a few days to try and get it worked out.

Is there anything else that happens at this? Swapmeet? Food Vendors?
Every year there used to be a small area where people would have bikes/rollers/parts for sale, in fact the seat on my new bike I bought at this event a few years ago. Not sure why or when this stopped but I don't think anyone would be opposed to it.
But I'm not a member of the club so I don't want to act like I am but it happened in the past so it's not like a new thing.

The burgers are great, dogs too! I do miss the steaks but I can see why the club doesn't do it anymore. They said they were getting stuck with expensive steaks and losing money on the deal.

Last edited:
First WOT run and I bent my wheelie bars and almost crashed the bike. I am gonna thrash on it tomorrow and weld in some bracing, but I doubt I will be able to get it 100% in time for Sunday. It has to be safe, I won't race it if it's not safe, as the spectators and fellow riders are right there. I would feel terrible if anything happened. So there's a slight chance I will race but at this point it's a long shot. I was never planning on this bike being ready this soon, it is going to need a lot of testing lol.

I will still be there to pit for my Dad as usual, my Manco has a crappy carb issue. Maybe I'll bring it anyways ifor stock class it usually will start on ether and run ok.
So see you all there!

Yeah Joe, the clutch seems to be working fine now lol I moved the springs that seems to have done it. I did shred my left pant leg though, I need to make a clutch guard too.
Gumpit, I thought HP was planning on going in Oct, that is the big race but maybe he will come if he knows you will be there! Last time HP came, he brought his trike and I know how much you love those! There's usually at least 2-3 trikes, maybe more.

Street Smart

Between some health issues and being behind with work at my shop I`m not able to race this time around. We had a great time at their Oct race, great crowd. I`m hoping to be there to cheer everyone on!

joshua. c.

I'm bringing my blue bike and trike this time. my blue bike is running and geared perfect now and I just re geared my trike for more top end. it was geared way to low before and topped out to soon and to slow. I'll be racing the bike the trike is for the grudge matches afterwards. I had some issues with my bikes the last few times but I'm going to be a force to be reckoned with this time. see you all tomorrow and good luck.

I was able to get some braces welded in which stopped the bending of the bars. And i adjusted the bars up which helped.
But the bike is unridable at this point, she is too fast lol.
Bike is not safe at speed, it wants to wobble real bad and it really just needs more time.

I'm definitely not bringing anything to ride as I am not built for speed. Lol... But if you got some place to race trikes where I can lay low on the turns. i'm in.. at least there I have a shot of making up some time...