"let's make a deal" Taco 44

ErikR

I just picked this up this morning after receiving a phone call from a gentleman that asked me if I was interested in a mini bike that he had and didn't know anything about. After talking to him a little about the bike he told me "let's make a deal" and "Make me an offer." Not having much to go on and very little information about the mini bike, I just threw out a number ($60) and After a little silence ( At this point I'm waiting to get cussed out because of the low offer) he said, Okay that sound's reasonable. So after about 20 min. of thinking what it could be while driving to get it, it turned out to be a mostly original 1966 Taco 44.:thumbsup::scooter::drinkup: This one will be added to the few I kept.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ErikR

Good for you. I would be jealous but I think I am set on finding an old 22 that I can fix up.
I just picked up another one of those also a couple of days ago, I believe it's a 69'. The only flaw it has is a hairline crack by the peg where someone probably hit the pavement by turning to sharp. This one came from Hesperia:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just picked up another one of those also a couple of days ago, I believe it's a 69'. The only flaw it has is a hairline crack by the peg where someone probably hit the pavement by turning to sharp. This one came from Hesperia:thumbsup:
Very nice. And the fork is straight too!

Hounddog

Taco 44

Wow Eric, A round arm Taco 44.....Great job Eric!, as you know thats a great find! Please make sure you keep it right. We are all happy for your find!:thumbsup:

HD

ErikR

Wow Eric, A round arm Taco 44.....Great job Eric!, as you know thats a great find! Please make sure you keep it right. We are all happy for your find!:thumbsup:

HD
Thank's I really appreciate the compliment:thumbsup: It's funny I was just checking your 44 out, which is very,very nice by the way! I like the way you mounted the rear tire. I'm gonna mount mine the same way.Before I saw your's I was trying to figure out a way I could close off the end without doing any modification's. I'm going to keep this 44 as original as possible with the exception of the color, I might go with a candy blue.:thumbsup:

oh man, right in my back yard.

I just picked this up this morning after receiving a phone call from a gentleman that asked me if I was interested in a mini bike that he had and didn't know anything about. After talking to him a little about the bike he told me "let's make a deal" and "Make me an offer." Not having much to go on and very little information about the mini bike, I just threw out a number ($60) and After a little silence ( At this point I'm waiting to get cussed out because of the low offer) he said, Okay that sound's reasonable. So after about 20 min. of thinking what it could be while driving to get it, it turned out to be a mostly original 1966 Taco 44.:thumbsup::scooter::drinkup: This one will be added to the few I kept.:thumbsup:
ErikR!:smile: Thats the deal of the century!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great find!:biggrin:

ErikR

Jim!:smile: It was totally in your backyard!:doah: You couldve had another chance for a Steen's Classic!:punk: Well, once your done witrh your project...you know you still have to add one:thumbsup:
If you ever want some before pic's of your taco 99 I have some.... I'm just asking cause some people like to have the before and after pictures of what it looked like when it was first bought, lmk....:thumbsup:

ErikR

ErikR!:smile: Thats the deal of the century!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great find!:biggrin:
Thank's I really appreciate the compliment! It seem's like that's all I find out here :shrug: if I would of kept them all I'd have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many, but I'm glad on the other hand because other's can enjoy them.:thumbsup:

If you ever want some before pic's of your taco 99 I have some.... I'm just asking cause some people like to have the before and after pictures of what it looked like when it was first bought, lmk....:thumbsup:
That would be awesome to see before pics of my 99:thumbsup::smile: I didnt realize you were the original owner:confused:

ErikR

That would be awesome to see before pics of my 99:thumbsup::smile: I didnt realize you were the original owner:confused:
Yeah, I sold the frame set to Dave a couple of day's after I purchased it. I'm glad it found a good home and it's being used for what it was intented to be it's a very, very nice 99:thumbsup: Email me at er1k1980@yahoo.com and I'll email you the pictures...