lets see some cutsom exhausts.

i think im going to build an exhaust for my db tomorrow before work. any sugestions? i was thinking 1/8 inch plate for a flange and then 3/4 inch plumbing pipe welded not with fittings. this is going on a clone in a db30.

so lets see yalls exhausts.

try this i did a couple of these. and it would work on a clone. This bike i had was my first minibike. The motor is a 6.5 briggs a wheelie machine!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
water pipe welded to the stock flange. it's got an Ace Hardware replacement muffler i can take on and off. i also stuck some header wrap on it for the hell of it. without the muffler it's very loud.

i think i'm going to get rid of it and buy a header for it instead.

if you didn't notice yet, it's not actually mounted and is just sitting behind the motor in the pic. i was in the middle of painting all the tins.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Here's a pic of a custom pipe on a big block Clinton. It's made from the curved shaft off a junk weed eater. The limp wrested federally mandated safety sticker is still on the tube. It is possible to add a muffler but a megaphone would be better.

delray

hayden,you maybe want to just purchase a oversize washer(large) that has the correct hole size for your pipe and then just drill two holes for the bolt flange. type of washer i am talking about are 1/8 thick(big). you can get them in stainless if you want to run the whole exhaust system in stainless or just galvanize will work good too for reg steel. just make sure you grind some of the galvanize off little before welding it together:thumbsup:.
here's couple different exhaust using a thick oversize washer for a header flange. for my pipe thickness i been using 18g and 16g. 16g maybe little over kill:doah:but it does make things easyer for me to weld everything up:weld:

bmwdr

This is one I came up with on a go-cart I did for my daughter last year. I welded up the frame and didn't measure behind the engine so it was one of those born of necessity things. It's a 1/8 flange I cut down, electrical conduit for the bend and exaust couplers from Advanced auto. I also made a baffle inside with steel wool that helped a little but it's still pretty loud.

KB2ROCKET

thank you I am very proud of how the toucan came out the feet are made of copper wires soldered together the wire is sharpened at the end to make the claws then the legs and feet are wound with thread until they were the correct thickness then they were coated with 5 min. epoxy then painted
the body was made by cutting a 1/4 silloette and adding pieces until it was the correct thickness and then it was belt sanded and hand sanded then once it looked right I cut his head off and turned it a little and reglued it and sanded it some more then finally glass fish eyes were hand painted and installed then the whole bird was painted
the base was a wood turning project
dont ask me why I did this but in the center of the bird is a real gold coin:eek:ut: