Lil Indian brake caliper Slotted Nut

Those are just run of the mill Castellated hex nuts or Castle nut. Slightly different than a slotted hex nut. Any Industrial fastener company will have those...or should...heck even Fastenal . Cheap too. We sold those for less than 5 bucks for 100

Actually they are not the same as a the typical castle nut....but a castle nut will work in a pinch. The tall slotted OEM nuts are VERY difficult to find.

Actually they are not the same as a the typical castle nut....but a castle nut will work in a pinch. The tall slotted OEM nuts are VERY difficult to find.
Sorry but that IS a castle nut,they ARE available in standard height,low & high as are milled acorn nuts. I know this for a fact after 25 yrs in the fastener business! You can check the A.F.I or the I.F.I. for all the dimensions
As for OEM parts...who do you think makes them ? The brake mfg. ?NOT !

Last edited:
Sorry but that IS a castle nut,they ARE available in standard height,low & high as are milled acorn nuts. I know this for a fact after 25 yrs in the fastener business! You can check the A.F.I or the I.F.I. for all the dimensions
Can you provide some links, I can't seem to find any list online. Thanks, Nate

Bikerscum

I'll leave the terminology up to you.... castellated, tall slotted, but they are far from common. Very rare in fact. This question comes up from time to time on Lil Indians, and every time some expert says you can get them anywhere. But to date not one of them has posted a link.

Here are 2 OEM tall nuts on different Lil Indian calipers....

Please let us all know where we can find them.