Lil Rat MT2W Entry

Thanks for all the kidn words everybody, i got a few mittle oddes and ends left up my sleeve before this thing is done its about time to bring out the big guns and see what i can get done when the time crunch is on. Hopefully it turns out as nice i as expect, I still need to get a brake setup, wheels and make a mount for my tank from metal man. :grind::hammer: here we go :thumbsup:

Ok so i made the gas tank mount on sunday and it happen to fit PERFECT with the tank that i got from metal man on monday. It sits right up against the seat and all it needs in the inside coated and to be painted but that has to wait.

And now im really SOL, the wheels i was going to get for my front end are on back order and they dont know when they will have them, So i have no front wheels. This day isnt looking to good

Brake parts, lock collars and chain came in over the weekend im hoping to be able to work on it today or tomorrow and throw some big updates out for the people still following lol

Ok guys and gals today ill be priming the steering arms, the gas tank, the tank mount and the bucket, I am hoping ill be able to get a chance to weld by friday so ill FINALLY be done with the fab worka nd ill have a working brake, If all goes as planned i will have a ridable rat by SAT. And then it would jsut be time to make big moves and get my paint and little details done in the few remailing days. Still dont know what im going to use for front wheels but ill make something work :hammer: Pictures tonight or what my primed parts look like after my first attempt of using a spray gun.

Ok so first attemp using a spray gun was a little trickier then i expected but i got the hang of it, I got the tub, tank and steering all primed in Rusty Metal Primer and today after work ill be throwing some black on.

The gas tank looks cool, really nice job. :thumbsup:
cool tank :thumbsup:
thanks guys :thumbsup: its a special order one thats for sure . Valocalrep and i were talking and he asked for a one of a kind like no one else has . something special that doesnt have the normal briggs or honda filler and wanted it to fit in with the whole rat rod theme . he brought up the idea of making the filler look like a old valve , and if i could fit or make something like that work . it took some :hammer::grind::censure::grind::hack::weld: and lathe work but we made his idea real :thumbsup:

was very cool to chat with Valocalrep and get the ideas from him on just how he wanted things . and to learn how he came to me to have a tank built was :thumbsup: that people he talked to said to ask me . its cool to look at the forms and on someones bike or cart see a part and say hey i know that one :thumbsup: i built that .

hope ya get the rat done in time man its a cool build . if i had a set of wheels id send ya them , but all i got is some funky ones that need hubs built . i do have some skis off a old skido :shrug::laugh: snow rat ?

Ok ladies and gents here is the update as it sits. Issue is i dont know it will get finished before deadline unless i find wheels tomorrow but i had a BLAST doing this project and i learned a ton. . Well here she is, dont hold back.

And i wanna say a BIG thanks to DanEBoy for helping me complete the favorite part of kart, The left side made me feel like this project was doing some good, Heres to you and your Buck from your friend up north.

very cool. should've said something about needing wheels sooner. i'm sure I got some layin around I would've sent ya.just slap anything on it