LIST of Engines with a Lighting coil

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
How about a list, of engines that come with OR can be changed to have, a Lighting Coil.

I have a 1973 Tecumseh 4HS with a lighting coil, Engine comes in a 1973 Alouette Jr Brut Mini Snowmobile.

*****************************************************************************************

Many Tecumseh Snow-blower Engines come with a lighting coil. Seem to be 8 HP an up, unless its an older engine.

Do any of the Newer OHV engines come with a lighting coil?

From what HP to what HP ?

Some of the newer tecumseh ohv engines were equipped with them. I'm not sure if there was a size that only got them. I'm talking about the 5, 5.5, 6, and 6.5hp versions.

capguncowboy

I was under the impression that the lighting coil and flywheel from a Baja Warrior could be put directly onto a Predator. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm interested in this info too. I'm leaning toward a predator for my build but would like to run lights. Was thinking about just running a battery but would rather run a coil.

I bought one a few years ago. It also has an electric start. It is on my mini baja. And it is the same as the blue Greyhounds so all the Honda stuff fits. .. Seems like everyone wants to go hemi now. But the Carroll Stream engines are the cheapest to just buy and get shipped to your door with the electronics.

I swapped the lighting coils off the original 6.5 clone on my Baja mini, onto a 7 hp princess auto engine (Canada). Just had to Swap the flywheel so everything fit properly. Works great!

Last edited: