lost compression help 168f clone engine

okay so i bought a new honda clone engine
i broke it in changed the oil etc then i went and removed the governer and changed the valve springs aswell as a new header, while doing this i broke the gasket on the sidecover and unfortunately lost a dowel pin aswell. i havent done the valve lash properly yet as i need to buy another lash gauge. after doing this though i have almost zero compression. right after doing the modifications it backfired and thats all its done. so what could be the cause of this problem? i heard theres an automatic compression realease mechanism on the cam which might be playing up? any help thanks

"Haven't done the lash correctly" is where I would start.....
Valves too tight = no compression or adjusting valves on the compression release bump. Same result.

Setting valves

An aluminum Coca Cola can just happens to be 0.003'' thick, you can make a gauge if you have scissors.
Set the valves at TDC when the piston is on the power stroke.... that happens after the intake closes.
Special note....You should drink the cola in the can ''before'' stabbing it with the scissors.

okay so ive loosened up the rocker arms on the springs and its got a ton of compression and running great now! its backfires quite a bit though when i come off the throttle at a high rpm is this alright?

by the way i have being shipped at the moment
an arc jet kit and
arc air kit air filter kit not the upgraded one
what jet size should i be using if any of you have had experience with these?

Um....I think the stock jet is bigger than 26. If you ordered from OldMiniBikes, try the 36 . Do a full thistle run and shut it off. Pull the plug and see what it looks like. Should be pretty spot on but if it needs more you can install the 37.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Put the e tube in it. It's behind the main jet anyway. You'll get a better throttle response.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]