Low and Wide Big Tire from Scratch

My fenders are missing off my Bigcat so I'm thinking of making a set out of a 55 gallon steel drum. Using the ridge on the drum as my centerline and cutting them 10-11 inches wide and to length as needed.

how does it ride with no suspension? did you leave enough room between the rails for airing down the tires? i removed the front springs on my build so i could lower it like you did but still have room for fenders.
The ride is not too bad. Every once in a while you'll hit a bump that jolts ya some, but over soft sand, mud and of course pavement its a pretty decent ride. I think the seat springs help quite a bit.

I do have enough room to air down the tires. Funny thing is i put in 1 or 2 degree too little offset angle on the kickstand, so if the tires are not pretty fully inflated it wont lean on the kickstand and will fall over. I just need to take the kickstand off and add a little more bend and it will be better, but just have not had a chance. Always something to do.

My fenders are missing off my Bigcat so I'm thinking of making a set out of a 55 gallon steel drum. Using the ridge on the drum as my centerline and cutting them 10-11 inches wide and to length as needed.
Great idea on the drum. Do you happen to know the diameter on a steel drum?

I wonder how far apart the ridges are also. Would be cool to have 2 ridges, one on each side instead of on the middle.