Lucas oil for flat tappets

Just letting you guys know I found out Lucas oil makes a classic car blend that has the zinc additive for flat tappet valves ....it was removed from modern engine oils because it fouls caddy converters and o2 sensors in EFI engines....

Your old tractors and small engines need this additive ....you could take a college course on what it does for the engine parts.....its deep on a molecular level..........

I plan on running it after break in in my small engines

Look it up on Lucas www ...i THINK Napa has it on the shelf

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products_overviews.sd?iid=44&catid=6

Last edited:
Just letting you guys know I found out Lucas oil makes a classic car blend that has the zinc additive for flat tappet valves ....it was removed from modern engine oils because it fouls caddy converters and o2 sensors in EFI engines....

Your old tractors and small engines need this additive ....you could take a college course on what it does for the engine parts.....its deep on a molecular level..........

I plan on running it after break in in my small engines

Look it up on Lucas www ...i THINK Napa has it on the shelf

Products : Lucas Oil
I use to be a big lucas fan 10 years ago until it went head to head with JB.. Lucas really sucks and if you want your tractors to run really good, just add some heavy duty to the oil.. If you dont believe me, just ask a JB salesman to show you a demo, I know lucas won't!!!!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
My point to post this....... :thumbsup:
The problem is you must post proof of this. My buddy sells AMSoil and he has proof posted of better protection in a v8 engine over all other oils.

But I still change my oil every weekend no matter what they say about how good it is.

JamnJM

To the OP :thumbsup:

Most all on the shelf oils have removed Zinc as to lower costs and since water cooled engines don't need the slippery of the zinc as like the air cooled engines need.

Lucas is a great oil and they support all motorsports.

Another specialty oils for Air Cooled VW engines and trans formulated from 3 ACVW race engine and trans builders is:

And how are these engines cooled? I don't see and water cooled engines.....