making gray tires black

I've been looking for a set of 4.10x3.50-6 4ply Carlisle Indian Head tires
to replace the cracked up tires on my Chrome Sears Roper 2 Speed mini bike.
Like these:

I have found some tires with the exact same tread pattern on Ebay. They are made by Kenda.
Only one problem, they are gray floor scrubber tires.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have searched around for some of these made in black rubber, but have had no luck finding any so far. So I have a stupid question...... Is there any way to color these tires black so they would stay that way? Dye or paint or something....
I don't know...... something that would hold up for a while and wouldn't end up looking stupid.

No good permanent way, OldMiniBikes warehouse has a 4.10 3.50 6" knobbie with a similar pattern. For a full on resto you'd want the exact tire but the ones at OldMiniBikes are as close as you get new unless you want gray. They are Chen shin and good tires!:thumbsup:

No good permanent way, OldMiniBikes warehouse has a 4.10 3.50 6" knobbie with a similar pattern. For a full on resto you'd want the exact tire but the ones at OldMiniBikes are as close as you get new unless you want gray. They are Chen shin and good tires!:thumbsup:
Yeah, I have a set of Chen Shins on the way.....
I was just hoping for a little closer match to the original tires.
Oh well, I'll keep looking.

delray

well the tire has the name kenda on it. did you try kenda web site or email them and see if they make it in black?
that rim looks like it could pass for a vintage fox bike.:shrug:

delray

kenda tire looks 10x better then some of them china tires made. for example harbor freight tire:doah:
maybe with some luck they make it in black......:thumbsup:
tires size you are looking for is the same that is posted in picture. 4.10/3.50-6

I found another one, in black...... looks pretty close,
but I can't figure out where to buy the damn thing.
I've been all over their website looking for dealers. Nothing.
I guess its called the 4.10/3.50-6 4PR ST-21 TT

4.10/3.50-6 4PR ST-21 TT

well the tire has the name kenda on it. did you try kenda web site or email them and see if they make it in black?
that rim looks like it could pass for a vintage fox bike.
Yeah, I was all over the Kenda site.... can't find anything even close to the gray tires and no black ones either.

george3

I found another one, in black...... looks pretty close,
but I can't figure out where to buy the damn thing.
I've been all over their website looking for dealers. Nothing.
I guess its called the 4.10/3.50-6 4PR ST-21 TT

4.10/3.50-6 4PR ST-21 TT

Yeah, I was all over the Kenda site.... can't find anything even close to the gray tires and no black ones either.
call them they will tell you where to get them.