Markus....I hope you are ok.

I just talked to my friend John Craft in Florida. He is a little north of Orlando and he said southwest Florida was hit really hard. He lost power at 2AM but got it back at noon. It looks like coastal Georgia and South Carolina on up into Charlotte is next. Hugo came in on almost the same track they are predicting currently. The eye passed over the peninsula of Charleston and went right on up through Charlotte.

Midyrman

In Naples. Storm surge put water in homes, businesses and places it had never reached before and exceeded all-time depth. Condos on beach road got 5-6 ft, which is like watching a small river go by, on first floor which essentially trashes the building and makes inhabitable. Long time residents say this was the worst flooding they have seen. Place is a mess but working on recovery. Minis are safe and dry and after a spell will get back working on my fun bike, getting Skipp’s help and having fun again.

markus

We are OK, living on gennie power right now, and probably for a little while. Our power poles are all gone in our neighborhood. @chipper the old shed finally succumbed and disintegrated. only a couple of Bonanza frames that were cut up for parts got lost that were out there. we got light flooding in the low parts of the house, but our new roof that we had to replace after the last big Hurricane went trough held together and while we got hit with a lot of debris we were boarded up. Almost lost the front door, 140mph winds hit the front of our house dead on for hours. We were standeing against it holding it in for awhile till I could find some wood to screw into the door frame to keep it from coming in. garage door took a beating to and bent in a bit, the wind and water was blowing in and up which took out part of the drywall ceiling.......which of course piled up on top of the car, a few engines, some of my shop equipment.....what a mess. Over at the airstrip where I do a lot of work It smashed in the hanger doors, and took out Half the drywall in there too, dropping on top of a ton of stuff, ripped all the siding off the 2nd floor of the other building, and Ripped a section of top story of my buddies house wall off that is there too, so we have been busy doing a lot of cleanup and repairs........I really miss hot showers!!!!!