stock head
mild to serious port work
29mm intake valve
25mm exhaust valve
dual spring
roller rockers
high flow exhaust
24-26mm carb
i really justwant a ball park range of what i might see outta this thing.
How much HP and how high will it spin ?
Thanks for all your help

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I would say about 19hp on gas, and 21hpm on alky.
You can get more with:
Higher ratio roller rockers
Bigger carb

But you better change the stock clone crank out for a real gx200 Honda crank.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
thanks bro. Ordering my crank today. Im still waiting on my block and head . Should be done soon....I hope. Ill post some pics
Pictures are always nice, the piston will need some shaved off the top as well. Maybe no less than 0.080" need to be taken off, unless you make it into a dome piston.

Idle Issues

Got the engine built. Got it to start on the first or second pull :thumbsup::thumbsup:. I put a 22mukuni on it for the time being. The engine wants to idle at 3000. 140 main jet 20 idle jet. I had a 17.5 idle jet but it idled high. I tried the stock jet and it was worse. So i bought bigger idle jets. It wont idle any lower no matter what i do. the idle screw is all the way out. i adjust the air/fuel screw and it helped a little bit. Im stuck. Any help would be great.:confused:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Sorry can't help you with the mikuni problems
But I just checked out your pictures and have to go back on my HP estimate. 17hp on gas, and 19hp on alky. And you still have the clone crank, but it should work with that 22mm carb, and even with the larger carb. You don't really need the Honda crank until your making 20+hp.